Rentals in Portland>Question Details

Rebecca, Renter in Portland, OR

Will be relocating to the Portland area soon. Would like to find great schools district and a house with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths.?

Asked by Rebecca, Portland, OR Sun Oct 14, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Portland

Answers

4
My website has school information. You have high scoring schools on the east and westside of town. It really comes down to price and style of home you are looking for? If you are more specific then we can help you are give me a call. Thanks, Tom Inglesby
Hi Rebecca,
In Portland, families will often try to get their kids into either Lincoln High School on the west side or Grant HS on the east (where my office is located). I have had several clients move into those areas just to get their children into these high schools. BUT those boundaries also include some of the highest priced homes in the metropolitan area. And it is the price you are willing and able to pay which will ultimately determine where you buy. There are several online sites where you can research schools including the one below. Please be in touch if I can be of further assistance.

Tim Manickam
Principal Broker
JMA Properties, LLC
2012 FIVE-STAR Professional Realtor
(503) 348-6045
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
Hi Rebecca,
Close in Northeast is great. The Irvington & Alameda neighborhoods have Alameda Elementary, Beaumont Middle and Grant High Schools which are among the best in the city. Irvngton and Alameda are well established neighborhoods with beautiful tree lined streets. They're close to downtown, they have great amenities like parks, shops and restaurants and easy access to the rest of the city. I live in Irvington and I love it! The median sold price for a four bedroom two bath home close to Alameda School over the past three months is $578,750.
Peter O'Neil
EcoBroker
Coldwell Banker Seal
503 471 3402
peteroneil@cbseal.com
Hi Rebecca,
There will be no problem accomplishing that...it's always just a matter of $$$!!! :-). So, other information would be necessary, such as for how much are you pre-approved (your first step should be contacting a mortgage broker and discussing your individual situation), are you interested in close-in urban neighborhoods or the Portland Metro 'burbs (both offer good schools and good homes), do you like older, vintage homes or prefer newer construction. Finding a home in a new city is definitely a process on a good day. If I can help you further determine your search parameters, start an email campaign with available properties or refer you to some good mortgage people, please let me know. Welcome to Portland....
Janeese Jackson, Principal Broker
Real Estate Resource
503-709-0802 or jj@janeesejackson.com
http://fabulousportland.com
Web Reference: http://fabulousportland.com
Thank you for the information. We would like to rent a house first to get to know the area before we decide to purchase one..
Flag Sun Oct 14, 2012