Rentals in San Angelo>Question Details

Firemanswife, Renter in San Angelo, TX

Why is it so hard to find a decent, affordable rental?

Asked by Firemanswife, San Angelo, TX Thu Feb 24, 2011

The affordable ones are in unsafe areas. I need a 3/2 for $800 or less inside the "loop". I would love to find something around College Hills or Santa Rita. We have an outside dog and need a privacy fenced yard so it makes the search even harder. All the $800 houses I have seen so far are falling apart and so overpriced. Must haves would be W/D conn, CH/A and dishwasher. Can anyone help?!

Answers

8
The demand for rentals is high and the availability of cash for investors is low.
Because of the low inventory, population growth, and immigration to Texas from
other states it makes rentals scarce.
During the scarce times, investors will raise rents and impose bigger restrictions such as no pets.

Good luck and keep after it....hopefully you will find what you need.
Another idea is to get outside the city. Sometimes prices can go down there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 24, 2011
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Firemans Wife<

http://www.trulia.com/blog/leegoade/2010/12/rental_mania_-th…

Read the above link for a short answer to the Coming "Rental Boom"...

Here's another Trulia Q & A: http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/BIGGEST_Rental_Boom…

You may want to begin also looking for "Rent to Own" or "Lease Option" properties. As these may well soon be taking over the Market... (For many reasons!)

Rent is now becoming more expensive then a Mortgage in many areas and as the supply and demand increases, so does the Rent. While also lowering availabilty...

Best of Luck to you and your Family!
Have you considered an apartment complex who will accept your dogs OR condo OR townhome?

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Aaron - I'm still searching! I am getting nervous that we aren't going to find anything. I have called over 20 realtors and nobody has anything in our price range. I found a nice 3/2 house in College Hills on University for $750 and I called right as soon as I saw it advertised and they said it was already rented! You did say you might have something available?
I'm not sure how quickly you need to find something, but if you have not found anything by mid March, send me an email. I may have something coming available in the College Hills area less than 800.
Thanks Aaron for your answer. I did see the rentals today that D&D has available (American Classifieds) and everything 3/2 is $950+ unfortunately. I will try looking again around the first of March.
Unfortunately higher demand for rentals has been one of the products of foreclosures. People who lose their homes to foreclosure need to move out and live somewhere. They are very rarely in a position to be able to buy another home so they usually rent. Demand for rentals increased thus landlords could ask for (and receive) higher rents. Lower supply or higher demand cause prices to go up and higher supply and lower demand cause prices to go down.

Good luck with your search. It looks like Aaron may be able to help you out.
Have you tried contacting the property managers at Dierschke & Dierschke Realtors? If not, contact me at aaron_nelson@live.com and I will give you some more information. We may have something available.

-Aaron Nelson, REALTOR
Dierschke & Dierschke Realtors