Rentals in Turtle Rock>Question Details

Nicol Maurer, Renter in Irvine, CA

Why does this number go to a fax machine? (949) 435-3485. Receive too many fake listings. This really hurts Trulia's reputation.

Asked by Nicol Maurer, Irvine, CA Mon Mar 4, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/rental/3110859818-13-Candlebush-Irvine-CA-92603" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/rental/3110859818-13-Candlebush-Irvine…

Answers

7
unfortunately trulia doesn't seem to have any moderators patrolling the hallways over the weekends............so the type of inappropriate/spam posts seem to multiply then

Just flag it - I am doing that as what is posted below is posted elsewhere, too...... hopefully trulia will delete it soon.
To further justify that Trulia's reputation is garbage, I'm now receiving replies to this posting to my personal email from women who are "interested" in me. Just fantastic!
I really don't know but I suspect this is an old property listing that has not been removed from Trulia...Trulia is an advertising platform using real estate information. Their goal is to sell advertising and They do not feel any responsibility for accuracy of the information that they provide....this is true of all of the real estate related websites....they serve a purpose but they do not feel responsible for the reliability of the information...

Linda M. Lukas
Broker
714-381-1723
Total scam,

Be glad it went to a fax number and saved you from getting your hopes up. If you reached the 'owner' they would say they are out of the area and just want good people in there and you sound like a good person. Just send me the deposit check to this PO Box and I will send you the keys....

I looked it up just to see and the home is available but the actual rent is $4,000 a month.

Bob nailed it, Trulia just scans the Internet and pulls from other sites (like all these sites do) and it picked up the fake ad that uses all the Realtor's input. This sounds way too good to be true for the area the home is in so be careful. Call a Realtor and get their help finding you a home and protect your time and money.

Brian Wilson, Realtor
DRE# 01321478
949-933-0852
If you are looking for a 3 bedroom at that price you will need to look in the inland empire. I 3 bedroom house in Irvine would run $2800 or higher depending on the sqft.
Hello Nicole,

The listing is not legit. This house is actually for rent for $4000/month!!
If you are looking for a rentals or purchase, please go to: http://www.msrealtycalifornia.com and click on the rentals..
You may want to report this add to Trulia!
MJ
First of all there is NO WAY that is a legitimate listing, at that monthly rate. A house of that size would be a MINIMUM of $2800./month.

That means that it's a scam and has been accidentally picked up by Trulia's Internet "crawler".

If something SOUNDS too good to be true, it usually is.