Rentals in Las Vegas>Question Details

David Weigant, Renter in New York, NY

Why does no one have a floor plan in their pictures of a listing?

Asked by David Weigant, New York, NY Wed Sep 25, 2013

I would find a floor plan helpful in piecing together the photos of the various rooms. I would also find a floor plan more helpful at getting a feel for the full layout of a listing. But then, maybe that is just my architectural and theater training talking.

Answers

8
David
Floor plans are just not available on most properties. New homes have floor plans in their brochures most of the time. I wish there was a way to supply floor plans. One thing that I use is a video walk through of the property so that you can get a better idea of how the home is laid out. With video you can also see the condition of the property first hand.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
fahrnyteam@yahoo.com
http://www.YouTube.com/FastNevadaShortSales
702-234-7653
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
As I was looking at apartments in New York, I found floor plans are a normal thing to put on a website. A simple jpg could tell the basic layout of up to a three bedroom apartment.
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
It is pretty common to not find a floor plan with the listing unless it is either a new home or it was built fairly recent. How old is the home you are looking at?

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com

CONNECT with me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-adams/2a/971/a93/

LIKE me on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Adams-Team-at-Rothwell-Go…

FOLLOW me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShortSalePros
I am looking at apartments. I think I am just used to a very different real estate market. In the New York/New Jersey area all apartment complexes have their apartment floor plans as part of their basic advertisement.
Flag Thu Sep 26, 2013
Because 1. It's not required . 2.mist agents don't know where to get one . 3. It's not available .4. The homes sell so quickly it's not worth the extra effort to research and actually provide good solid info for buyers 5. The dog ate it . You choose .
Maybe I am just used to the New York market where floor plans are the norm in apartment rental listings.
Flag Thu Sep 26, 2013
Yes, generally speaking, you will not be provided a floor plan. If it is a new build or a home in a community that is affiliated with a specific plan available, you can always ask the owner or Landlord for specs. Also, as suggested, a video tour is an excellent way to differentiate where rooms are located in a home.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
When I want to locate a floor plan I often can get it by going to the WayBackMachine.org then do a search for a past version of that community website. You can then see the models of homes and match pretty close to what was there at the time. I have been able to get websites for builders as far back as 2002 using the WayBackMachine website. Keep in mind however that some modifications from the model floor plans do take place.

For properties that were a custom build I have found those plans on the tax assessors office website.

When renting in Las Vegas especially from out of town I recommend that you do check with the county recorders office to ensure that the property is owned by the people or company you are renting it from and that the property is not in foreclosure.

Good luck in your search!!!!! Maybe you will make it in time for the Halloween Parade which is put on by some great artists who moved here from NY too! http://www.thelasvegashalloweenparade.com/
Hi David,

There is a company in Las Vegas that does supply the archives for most of the floor plans of the tract built homes since 1980 (not custom homes). However, many agents either don't pay to have that service or they do not know how to use that part of the program (it is part of a larger program), and so they don't put the floor plans on the MLS with their listings.

Less than 2% of the listings on homes for sale on the Las Vegas MLS include the floor plans. When we work with buyers, if they are particularly interested in a property based on the photos, we can usually track down the matching floor plan.

And rentals are even less likely to have a floor plan. In fact, don't know if I have ever seen a floor plan on a listing for a rental in Las Vegas.

In New York the commissions are almost as high on rentals as they are on sales, and so real estate agents are happy to work with them. In Las Vegas it is the opposite. Rentals are pretty much a courtesy service, and agents are lucky to make enough to buy lunch on the commission from them. Very few agents will even show rentals - usually they are rookie agents doing it just for the experience.

So getting floor plans from either the listing agent or the showing agent is going to be highly unlikely.

I hope that answers your question?

Diann Tonnesen
Prudential Americana Group Realtors
sold@GreatLasVegasHomes.com
702-985-7654

The Tonnesen Team - with over 30 years of experience helping families call Las Vegas "home!"
What are you looking for and when do you want to purchase a property
Hey David- There really isn't an easy way to get floor plans of a resale property. Very rarely an owner might have the original documents from when the house was built, and in some cases the HOA provides it as part of the documents, but generally they are not available. I guess a listing agent could pay someone to draw up a floor plan, but you're only the 2nd person who ever asked me about a floor plan, so it doesn't seem cost-effective. I'd agree that your architectural background helps you to have better spatial relations than your average home-buyer!
-Andy
702-430-9599
Andy@RealEstateAndy.com
As I was looking at apartments in New York floor plans are a normal thing to put on a website. A simple jpg could tell the basic layout of up to a three bedroom apartment.
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013