Rentals in Nautilus>Question Details

Adriane Wadd…, Renter in Miami Beach, FL

Why do you have to pay a fee to some of these agents when you can find your own property for free.?

Asked by Adriane Waddell, Miami Beach, FL Wed Jan 30, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Nautilus

Answers

10
Jose Guzman’s answer
Hi Adriane,

Yes, you can find it yourself. But finding the property is not the end of the task. You will really need professional advice.
An agent not only finds the properties, He protects the interests of their clients as finding out the right price, title and property issues and provide professional advice. See more details in the blog post below.

If you have questions about it. Just contact me.

Cordially,

Jose Guzman
http://www.MiamiApartmentsAndHomes.com
Finding it is no big deal, Adriane. Brokers publish marketing materials, post the listing information on the internet, and often put signs in front of the property and arrows on street corners pointing to those signs. So "finding" a property isn't the sort of thing that you could put on your resume when applying for a job as a detective or spy!

In some areas, however, renters are responsible for at least a portion of the brokerage fee. So it's not enough to "find" the property, you have to seal the deal.

So the answer to your question is: because you do. The work-around is to avoid properties with renter-paid brokerage fees. Although, sometimes, it's worth it . . .
Buyers or renters do not pay fees. The owner listing the property pays the broker fee. If you are paying a broker to find you a property you are using the wrong broker.
Annette,

I couldnt say it any better.

In typical home SALES, rarely does a buyer pay a fee.
Your question, however is in the rental section.
Charging a fee, to show your rental places is very practical.
Do you understand how a agent is compensated in rental transactions?
Do you know how much?
-
Why do you think real estate professionals should provide their services FREELY?
Who else provides service FREE?
And yes, if you can find them yourself, you should.
No one has a problem with that.
As always, the buyer. seller, renter has a choice.
That what makes real estate so incredible.
YOU HAVE CHOICES!
WHY ARE YOU ON THIS SITE?
If you don't use an buyers agent you pay nothing, whats even funner, If you use a buyers agent, most likely you pay nothing (Selling agent shares half his commission or so with buyers agent).

So this brings up the question, why are you not using a buyers agent? Is it because you have great understanding and experience in buying homes and the local market?

Best of success to you.
Most places do charge a fee but I was talking about a fee for just providing rental information or offering a list a properties to search for a fee. This sound like a scam to me. The internet is a useful tool to whomever chooses to use it,whats funny is people use it for the wrong reason to sound off on nice people in negative ways.
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013
Do you know how much?
-
Who else provides service FREE?
No one has a problem with that.
YOU HAVE CHOICES!
Best of success to you.
I didnt say anyone should provide their services for free.I know how they are compensated from the owners.
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013
You don't have to pay any fees. The owner is the one paying the comission.
Let me know if you need any help. I ll be glad to help you.
Alexandra Benhamou
Beachfront realty
786 344 2539
Hannabenh@gmail.com
Adriane:

Typically the fees are paid by the seller or the landlord. However, on occasion a fee could be charged to the buyer; however, you would enter into a buyer representation agreement. If I charge a fee to the buyer it is usually offset by any commission that I would make from the sellers, in other words if I receive a commission form a seller the buyer pays me nothing. Yes, in today's market you could certainly find your own property, but the value of working with a broker will come when you are in negotiations and the intricacies of a sales contract and corresponding addendum. Additionally, the MLS will give more up to date information as typically other sites syndicate form the MLS so there is a lag in information 24 to 48 hours, doesnt sound like much but when you are looking at the best deals you certainly what to be one of the first to see it. I wish you the best in your search.
What fee? Sellers and landlords pays commission in Florida. Call me and lets discuss this.

Paul Heller
Prudential Florida Realty
19056 N.E. 29th Avenue
Aventura, FL 33180
954-559-6411 cell
305-749-1583 work
305-932-6355 fax
PaulHeller@Bellsouth.net
TRC, SFR, CSMS,E-Pro

Hi Adriane,
You are going to get so many answers, most not very positive.
The bottom line in you most likely cannot find property on your own for free, as many properties on Trulia and other websites are not available any longer, or in some type of distressed situation.
You also are not paying the agent, the owner pays the agent commission, so even if you do find a property the agent will be paid, and you will still not be getting your own representation, and why would you want that?
It is the largest purchase of your life, I do not believe that worrying about an agent making their living should be your biggest concern it should really be finding the BEST agent to represent you, because a real estate purchase is also the most complicated purchase of your life.

BethJenkins
South FLorida Brokers
786-374-4778
bethjenk1@gmail.com