Rentals in Saint Augustine>Question Details

Susan Webber, Renter in Saint Augustine, FL

Why do agents bother to put their listing on Trulia if they don't intend to respond to inquiries?

Asked by Susan Webber, Saint Augustine, FL Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

7
Sherry Schmidt’s answer
Trulia does not get a direct feed from all of the Multiple Listing Services (MLS). Our website http://www.ImprintProperties.com gets a direct feed from the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors (NEFAR). Our information is up to date because of the direct feed. Our searches include active, distressed and affordable homes to name a few. We also offer a free home finder service where you give us your criteria and we send you those properties that match, and as new properties come on the market that fit your wants/needs they are emailed to you.

Customer service is important in real estate and communication is key. There are many buyers but fewer homes for sale so the properties are selling faster than normal. Being informed about the market is essential in finding homes for buyers like you.

Should you like to discuss your real estate needs, please feel free to contact us directly at 904-230-1020. You can also email me at ImprintBroker@Live.com.

Have a terrific weekend and I look forward to being of service to you.

With best regards,

Sherry R. Schmidt, Broker/Realtor
Imprint Properties, LLC.
Agents DO NOT PUT listing on Trulia.
Trulia states the listing data comes from LISTHUB.
It does NOT come from the MLS.
The listing does NOT come from Realtor.com
The agent may have NO knowledge the listing appears on this website.
I DO participate on Trulia and will not respond to inquiries delivered within this system.
If you are a serious buyer, pick up the phone and call.
Try calling the agent directly.
In addition to the responses below, the property may have already sold. Here's how Trulia works:

An agent puts a listing into the MLS. At the bottom of the form is a check box asking if the seller wants the listing to funnel through the web to sites like Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, Homes.com etc.

The MLS listing is then pulled into these various sites and simultaneously appear. The agent has very little to any control of them on the various sites after this, especially if they are not Internet savvy. Some of the sites will delete the listing once it goes pending or sells but not all.

Because of this, I get a lot of clients who find things on the major sites that are already under contract or sold. That's just how the sites work.

The agent may have sold the property already and be getting several inquiries a day about. OR they may not have any clue what they are doing.

If you will send me the property I can check on it for you!
I know how Trulia works, I am a licensee in another state. Three different rental properties, no response on any of them. IMO, there is no excuse for not responding if an agent chooses to syndicate the listing. After all, a potential client is a potential client, eh?
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013
Some agents never respond to other agents. This business is just like any other, with good people and bad people, and you may have found a bad one. You should get a quick response to any directed inquiry. If not, try someone else.
Agents don't take listings and promote them for the purpose of not selling them. Shoulds like there is some sort of miscommunication or misunderstanding. All is not as it appears....

Could this be a distressed sale?

You may have experienced an isolated incident since most agents do bother.