Rentals in 60654>Question Details

Patrick Ande…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Why am I finding so many scams on Trulia. I am trying to rent an apartment and many times I have been asked for money before viewing inside of house?

Asked by Patrick Anderson, Chicago, IL Mon Sep 30, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 60654

Answers

14
Never never never - pay anyone any money before viewing a home.

Work with a Realtor to assist you with your search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
Hi Patrick ~
There are scams on Trulia and other real estate related websites because people fall for them and the scam artist makes money. You are lucky in that you are astute enough to recognize a scam when you see one.

If you are looking to rent in Chicago, please do contact me at geralynsellshomes@hotmail.com. I would be more than happy to chat with you about neighborhoods in which you would like to live, costs and availability of units in those areas.

Again, my contact info is geralynsellshomes@hotmail.com.

Best to you

Geralyn
Hi Pat... Yes, do not work with people who are trying to get money out of you.. If you want to talk about what you are looking for, call me and I can share with you the latest deals the buildings are starting to offer. There are some buildings offering 1 to 2 1/2 months free rent now

Jerome
312-480-0330
EXIT Realty
Hey Patrick,

Sorry to hear about the time wasters. I am willing to schedule a complimentary consultation with you if you need help searching for an apartment.

Bernie Small
4 Sale Realty
773-354-1066
http://www.creativeapartmentrental.com
Patrick,

There are so many scams everywhere. Would you send money before purchasing a car?

Whenever you have a public forum to buy and sell there will be scams. Use common sense and you will be fine.
You should be working with a professional Real Estate Agent. A REALTOR can help find a property efficiently and without the scams you are encountering.
Patrick if you need help please contact me. Let me know the area you are looking to rent and I will see what I can do for you. There is no upfront charges.

Tom Olandese
630-362-9015
Hometown Real Estate
Patrick go to Craigslist and look for apts. You can also higher a realtor that will pull your credit, which will cost $25.00 to $50.00 for a processing fee to make sure you are a good tennant with good credit. Its a landlords market right now and the landlord wants proof you are a good risk to live ihn there building. Good luck!

Andrew Mabadi
Production Manager Primelending
847-612-8756 Cell
NMLS#200791
It has become way too easy for scam artists to populate these sites with bogus listings. I had one of mine stolen and it showed up on several sites. I have also reported bogus listings that I know have been scammed from a real listing. Renting off the Internet is still a risk. If you're looking for good properties downtown, work with an agent. It's no cost to you. I'm happy to help if you need assistance...cwilson@koenigstrey.com.
There are so many scams, because they work until they shut them down, then they just pop up on another property. Work with a leasing real estate agent who specializes in the area you want to live.
There are a lot of fakes ads , they are trying you to wite money via western Union etc.
Hire a realtor and be in the safe side
Yup, tons of these out there. Drives you insane.
Work with an agent. We have the inventory and protect you from the non legit. Its free. If you use a "rental service" They sometimes charge you for various things($100 to run your credit is B.S.). Use a Realtor.
Unfortunately it's because people fall for these scams and they're hard for authorities to catch. You might have better luck using a local leasing agent or real estate broker who can help you identify properties that are legitimately being rented out. What areas are you looking in?