Rentals in Clackamas County>Question Details

Dina Hawley, Renter in 97267

Who takes Sec 8 housing around here?

Asked by Dina Hawley, 97267 Fri Jun 10, 2011

I need to find a house that excepts Sec 8 housing assistance. I have three kids and my allotment is around 1450 for a 4 bedroom house. The Utilities come off of that amount. Whats ever left is the rent amount they will cover.
Thank you

Help the community by answering this question:


It depends upon they type of voucher, but either one you will have a lot of options. If you are enrolled in the Housing Choice Voucher program it allows you to seek a rental of your choice. In Oregon, Landlords are not required to accept Sect 8 but many do & you can always ask if they would be willing to. Get in touch with a property management company who specializes in your area, they can assist you in finding a property. You could also contact the area's PHA for rental listings, & lastly, here are a couple online sources:

Best to you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 11, 2011
Check That is from the Housing Authority of Portland, and it lets you utilize a number of search criteria to find an available unit.

Using only 4-BR and "within 30 days" as search criteria I found seven 4-BR units available.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 11, 2011
Consider asking your caseworker for a list of available rentals, check with local realty offices, check local print media for owner rentals, word of mouth, etc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 11, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer