Rentals in San Francisco>Question Details

S Bell, Renter in Lewisville, TX

Who's a good realtor to contact in the SF Bay Area? My wife and I are looking to relocate, but want good/trustable prices.

Asked by S Bell, Lewisville, TX Sat Jul 6, 2013

Basically, my wife and I are looking to relocate to the San Francisco Bay area. She will be studying a Master's Degree in the city, and I'll be working out there. We are looking to start small and affordable (600 sqft, $500-900/mo). We'd also like to ideally move in some time in August (we could go earlier if something is available). If you could offer any help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Shad

Answers

4
Shad,

I would have to agree with what the others have said about your predicament. In San Francisco specifically you would be looking closer to the $900-1,000/sqft range, but there are plenty of areas surrounding San Francisco which could potentially fall into that criteria. I would like to know more about your situation (where you would like to live, where your school is, etc) so I can do some searching for you and find out if there is anything that matches your criteria.

Online sources can sometimes be unreliable, but Vanguard Insider (a free service to my clients) is a proprietary system which lets you search the MLS in real time! No more wild goose chases to find the answers you need. If you're interested in gaining access I'm happy to enroll you! Again, this is 100% free to you as I pay the subscription fee to get my clients access. I'm happy to help anyone else looking in San Francisco as well! If you have any other questions regarding real estate please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m always happy to be a trusted resource for all things real estate in San Francisco and the Bay Area.

All the best and good luck with your search!

Aaron Bellings
Realtor, Vanguard Properties
BRE #01915431
415-601-3000
I'm from the area, and have a few great contacts for realtors. However, you're not going to find a place matching that sq. footage and price description here in the city. Things in the Bay Area are VERY expensive. For that price range, you will most likely need to look outside the city like Oakland, Hayward, South San Francisco. Just make sure you check out the neighborhoods first. Try Craiglist. They usually have some great listings for cheaper than this website can offer.

Cheers!
-A caring fellow renter.
Hi Shad,
It's very unlikely that you will be able to find a place in San Francisco that fits your criteria. Marin, which is just north of San Francisco, is cheaper for rentals. Southern Marin, such as Sausalito, Tiburon, Belvedere, and Mill Valley, would be your best options if you are looking to keep your commute time short. But, as a rule of thumb, the further north you go the cheaper it gets.
Hi Shad,

I do not think you will be able to find anything in that price range within the borders of San Francisco.