Rentals in 92128>Question Details

Srenee, Home Buyer in Temecula, CA

Who owns this home at 11558 Caminito Corriente?

Asked by Srenee, Temecula, CA Thu Apr 11, 2013

I have someone who wants to rent this house to me via email and something seems strange about it. I don't believe the person I am going back and forth with is the owner of the house. They are just trying to get my husband and I to send money, they I will get the keys in the mail, they said. How can I find out the owners name?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 92128

Answers

8
I am the current owner and I have already contacted the police about this scam. Unfortunately, they don't intercede on these types of cases unless there is an identity fraud. They are using my Father's name as the renter. The home is actually for sale and in escrow. Sorry you are experiencing this. We also posed as a potential "renter" and received the same forms and request for payment. Hopefully one day soon they will get caught and DON'T SEND ANY MONEY.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
Sounds like another BOGUS Craigslist or similar deal! Walk or RUN away!!!
Hello Srenee,

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!

Chad Basinger, REALTOR, CPA, CFP
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
There are too many scams out there.
Jennifer Myles owns this home according to county tax records.
There are many scams like this happening all over. NEVER send/give money to anyone without seeing the property first and meeting the owners or the owners' representative in person.
Hi Shegetschweiler,
This home is for sale - NOT for rent. This is a classic rental scam where someone co-opts the property information and photos out of the MLS and creates a phony rental ad. They hope someone will send them a security deposit because they are so eager for a good deal.

I'd call the police and turn over all the info you have to them. They may pursue the fraudster.

The listing agent (not the owner) is Silvana Freestone (858) 487-3333, She'll provide you with the facts.
Sorry that this is too good to be true!
Mary Lawler, Realtor
Realty Executives
619-857-5881
Web Reference: http://www.MaryLawler.com
When in doubt, stay away.