Rentals in Missouri City>Question Details

Patstopbmw@a…, Home Buyer in Hayward Highland, Ha...

Which is better for home insurance if I am renting my secondary home now, landlord or homeowners insurance?

Asked by, Hayward Highland, Hayward, CA Sun Sep 19, 2010

I've turned my secondary home into a rental. Should I get homeowner insurance or landlord insurance. The house is about 5700 sqft. Which insurance do you suggest.

Help the community by answering this question:


As always, check with the experts in this field. Shop around and depending on your circumstances, you can make a better informed decision. Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 4, 2011
When insuring as a landlord, the coverage typically does not cover the personal contents, and may cover loss of rents in the event of a disaster. Be honest with your insurance agent and he/she will guide you to the best coverage for your needs.

~Roebrt Greenblatt
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 20, 2010
It depends on if you anticipate a claim, doesn't it?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 19, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer