Rentals in Algonquin>Question Details

Stephanie, Renter in Genoa, IL

Wheres a good place to live with a diverse family?

Asked by Stephanie, Genoa, IL Tue Jan 29, 2013

Answers

6
Samuel Tet’s answer
If you have a diverse family, then you are blessed, because you could live anywere you want. Because you already have the skills to deal with the cultural and racial issues.

I am white and I bought a house in Oakland, CA a few years ago. I was not at all prepared to deal with the cultural differences of the neighborhood. It was a good learning experience, but I would not recommend that for people with kids.

Otherwise, follow the basic rules anyone would. Stay away from crime infested areas where the police is not doing their job, and stay away from gated communities where people are elite to the point of being ghetto.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 29, 2013
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.
Stephanie:
It really depends on what your needs are and what you want to pay for your home? Give me a call and I will set you up with a great mortgage broker and then I will show you some homes that match your requirements, ie, school district, easy access to expressways, etc. My number is 847-977-5564.
Hi Stephanie. That is going to depend on what part of the state you are looking to live in. If you have questions about a particular town, give me a call and I can give you my thoughts.

Sean Cochran
Quality Mortgage Lending
630-330-2229
http://www.seanccochran.com
You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-depth crime stats and area demographics. They have a great side by side zip code comparison feature as well.

Chris
Stephaine

Unfortunately you have asked a question that can not be answered by a Realtor. Our code of ethics ensures that we treat all areas equal. There are many different protected classes (race, color, gender, age, etc) that we are not allowed to bias a buyer for or against. It is for the buyer to make the determination after visiting the area and doing their own research.

Since diverse can mean a number of different things to different people, it is impossible for someone to recommend what a good place to live is for a diverse family.

Geoff Ommen
Broker - Baird & Warner
847-271-2622
http://www.geoffgetsit.com