Rentals in West Hollywood>Question Details

Vmuckey0218, Renter in West Hollywood, CA

Where can I find nice apartments that will rent to people with bad credit, but have good income? West Hollywood perfered.

Asked by Vmuckey0218, West Hollywood, CA Thu Oct 7, 2010

Answers

7
Bad credit takes a long time to clear so people are understanding if you provide your recent pay rolls/bank statement in order to prove your income and maybe 1-2 months of rent advance, it should not be an issue especially if you are honest with your landlord. It's a case by-case basis. Let's work together, I can help you.

Alexandra R. Trudeau | Realtor | CA CalBRE #01948951

CA Realty Group LA, Inc.
8024 W 3rd St | Los Angeles, CA | 90048
P | 323.263.7368 ext 103 | F 323.210.3227 C | 626.290.1508
http://www.CArealtyGroupLA.com
Facebook: Alexandra Trudeau Real Estate
Alexandra - I would be interested in working with you. I will contact you on Facebook and leave a message on your phone line.
- Lindsay
Flag Thu Jul 17, 2014
vmuckey0218, I find that if you know your credit is bad you offer the landlord some sort of incentive, such as pay as much in advance or providing insurance by a larger security deposit and most of all a face to face meeting explaining the circumstances. Be prepared the fact that it might take more than one attempt! Now days more people are competing for the same lease properties, so you might miss out on a few....
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
Bad credit- but good income- not a unique situation for these days...Some landlords understand it well. If you are wiling to pay more money in advance( depends on each specific contract), you should be ok. Can you prove income source? Can you show bank statements? Can you ask someone to be your referral? One of very important things: feedback of your previous landlord, if you had one. I had a tenant with perfect fico, good income, but they left behind very unhappy landlord.
Call or email me,
i would be happy to help,
Inna
Web Reference: http://innaivchenko.com/
I agree with Cricket and Jonathan! I just worked on a few deals in which my client was in this position, and the best way to combat it is to offer a larger cash downpayment. Since you can't legally put down too much "security deposit," what you do is offer to pay several months upfront, or possibly offer to pay in chunks of 3 months at a time. Basically, negotiate with the owner and make him/her feel comfortable that they'll get their rent.

Best of luck!
Cricket is absolutely right.

I handle 15+ rental properties currently and not all of the tenants have perfect credit. Before I sign the lease listing agreement, I let the landlord know that due to the economy we are experiencing today, not many people have 700+ fico scores. They should looking for applicants who have the abilities and are willing to pay on time.

I find that a letter of explanation and/or introduction really helps my clients and I to understand the current financial and personal situations of the applicants. We usually get multiple applications and the letter also refresh our memory when we go back to review all applications.

Offering a larger deposit does make your application stronger as well, but most importantly, you need to convey to the landlord that you will not be LATE on your rents.
Web Reference: http://www.JonathanChi.com
The one thing the landlord is worried about is that you won't pay your rent. Find a place you like, be upfront about your situation, and offer to put down a much larger deposit.
You can try working with any local agent, check local print media for by owner rentals, word of mouth, etc.; depending on how bad your credit is, one can consider offering a larger security deposit, pay some of the rent in advance, etc.