Rentals in Atlanta>Question Details

rasshaglenn9, Renter in Atlanta, GA

Where can I find an apartment that does not require a credit check?

Asked by rasshaglenn9, Atlanta, GA Mon Feb 18, 2013

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Atlanta

Answers

8
Bruce Ailion’s answer
Sounds like you have been turned down already. Your best bet would be to find an owner not represented by a professional REALTOR or property manager who will not check your credit. Often owners are inexperienced and fail to take the steps necessary to protect themselves from the risks of tenants with a history of not paying their rent.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
RE/MAX Hall of Fame – REALTOR Phoenix Award
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
No where that I know of.

You might (depending on your credit problem and cash position) try offering 2-3 months of security deposit instead of one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
your best bet is to call a number of apartment complexes, tell them your circumstances and ask them if there is anything informationally that you could supply to them that would bypass a bad credit report.
Good Morning,

It's been a year and I wanted to reach out to you to find out if you're still looking for a property to rent. We have a second chance program that allows evictions, bad credit, pets, bankruptcy and foreclosure. Give me a call and let me know what I can do to help. We believe in second chances.

Rhonda Haynes
404-597-5506
I think that you are going to have a really hard time finding an apartment complex that doesn't do a credit check. Your best bet is renting through a private owner, being up front about your credit, and offer an additional deposit b/c of your credit.
Do you need a legitimate loan of any kind, contact my company via email:elitefinance53@yahoo.com.hk
You may also want to consider buying instead of renting. The payment on a house may be less than an apartment and there are products available that don't take your credit into consideration.
Would you give your car keys to a complete stranger and hope they return it, without having some form of "security?"

Think of it the same way. Your Credit is your security.

Now, I completely understand that people have had financial difficulties as a result of our economy. You may be able to secure an apartment with a First, Last and Security Deposit, but most likely they will still check your credit to see WHAT it is that made your credit bad. It can sometimes can be explained (medical bills, job loss, etc) and you may be given the opportunity to show you are making/taking steps to correct it, and get on firm ground.

But I can't imagine a place that would not check your credit. If you offered me ONE YEAR in advance on rent, I'd still pull your credit report.