Rentals in Los Angeles>Question Details

againstnoise, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Where can I find an agent or broker to help me find an apartment for $600/month which is 1000 SF ? In LA or close by?

Asked by againstnoise, Los Angeles, CA Mon Dec 23, 2013

againstnoise@yahoo.com

Answers

9
Finding an apartment in California is so easy just like a hot soup.
Craigslist and many other classifieds portals give a good chance to get deal quickly. here i included a link to search craigslist for this purpose.
Web Reference: http://searchck.com
Thank you Chinyere, Ben, Dorene and others for answering my question.

I was rich all my life untill jan 2013 (long story). I receive now some gov. help which is why I said $600/m. At this point I'll take almost anything, even 500 sf.

I paid $2000/month for the last 14 years living in Westwood in a 2+2 1500 SF top floor apartment.
I put everything in storage and that cost me $213/month.

I need 1 year or so to rebuild my wealth and go back to normal. My goal then will be BUY, BUY, BUY an apartment in BH or Westwood to have peace of mind & security.

In the meantime, I need something temporary. I will NOT live in downtown/koreatown even if free. And I try not to go too far because 1) I lived 30 years in LA; I can be uprooted, isolated in the middle of nowhere. 2) To make money I need to be in LA.

I have car but don't drive right now due to a nerve damage on my leg, so driving around to look for rent sign is not possible. (BTW this is how I found my last apartment).
Beside, there is no point to seek for a $600 apartment, studio, bachelor in West LA since that is not possible, even in Palms, culver city or Hollywood. (Although I saw an ad for $800 studio in Beverly Hills). I know I can find something in Lancaster or Palmdale but it's so far.

Craiglist is the WORST place to find a home. 50% spam and 50% scam.
And many "roomates wanted" seeks someone in their 20's-30's. Other want a female only.

Very very depressing.

Michael
(310) 473-8836
Some Realtors will work with leases, but normally they are high end leases of 4,000 a month and upwards.
There is Westside Rentals that may have more reasonable priced property for lease and I recommend you take a look at that service.
Believe it or not, many apartments and guest houses rent with a simple sign in the front yard. You might consider a week end drive around your neighborhoods of choice to take a look.
That price is going to be very tough... might be able to find an apartment in the valencia area for that price, but more likely a room in a house, or maybe a guest house somewhere in the Valley.

As others mentioned, agents tend not to work on deals in this price range, since we use the MLS to search, and most of the time properties arent listed by agents or entered into the MLS unless they're in the $2,500+ range.

Check the various rental websites and craigslist. Best of luck!
I'm a realtor in the Beverly Hills Ucla Westwood area. I would love to help anyone looking for a place in those areas. Contact me via phone at 310.482.2350 , also I would suggest you up your budget or look for less square footage. Around 800 sq. feet. Good luck on your search
For that price if it exists, try Craigslist, or local bulletin boards.
For 600.00 per month, you may find a small apartment in South Central. You are more likely to find a room (not an apt) for rent at that price by looking in http://www.craigslist.org
I DON'T THINK THERE'S 1 IN L.A !!!!
Hey!

There is a tab at the top of your screen (desktop) that says “Find an Agent”

I would suggest reading through a few of the top producers with the best recommendation history and seeing what they suggest for the areas in Los Angeles.

Hope this helps!

-Bailie and Paul