Rentals in San Francisco>Question Details

lia_nilson, Renter in San Francisco, CA

When trulia lists the price for a rental per month, is it assumed that the rate is per bedroom or for the entire unit?

Asked by lia_nilson, San Francisco, CA Sun Feb 3, 2013

I am searching for a rental to share with two roommates and even though I specify our max. budget in the search, properties pop up that are listed in our price range yet I know they are worth/would cost much more. I am curious if the search combines properties whose rate is per room with properties whose rate is for the property itself.

Answers

1
Jed Lane’s answer
I've never heard of a listing giving a per room rate. Be aware that there are scam's going on and the hook is usually a "good deal" that appeals to greed.

When I post an available unit I post the full amouunt of the rent. If I were to post for roommates I'd be very clear in what I was asking for. Remember that I, as a property manager, and I'd assume most owners don't want to have ten phone calls that stem from confusion.

Good Luck with your hunt.
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA