Rentals in Copperas Cove>Question Details

Chanel, Home Buyer in Pleasant Grove, AL

What's the chances of my renter's app being approved with scores 679,644,629, $6600 student loan debt and income of $80K? I was a homeowner

Asked by Chanel, Pleasant Grove, AL Sat Sep 10, 2011

for 5yrs. I was a homeowner for 5yrs before my home was in a tornado 4/27/2011. I am being mobilized to FT Hood for active duty and I am currently looking for a rental. I have not done a rental app in years.

Answers

3
Don Groff’s answer
You should be fine... each landlord will make their own decision based on the information they receive on your credit report and background check. You should also include a letter of explanation to help them better understand your circumstances and if possible to speak with them directly about what happened and how you are currently back on track financially.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Renting shouldn't be a problem for you. However, your chances of buying another home are good too. Payments will be cheaper than rent and it is an investment in your future. Even if you don't stay at Fort Hood, you can always rent it out or sell it when the market turns. Call me and we can go over your options.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
You should have no problem renting or buying. I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your home. The real question is how long will you be stationed here? If it is several years you should also consider buying. Give me a call and I can help with advice whether you rent or buy!