Rentals in 34238>Question Details

Mike Roberts…, Home Owner in 34202

What key factors should I consider in deciding on a property mgmt firm for annual leasing of a 4/3/2 single family in Turtle Rock on Palmer Ranch?

Asked by Mike Robertson, 34202 Wed Jun 19, 2013

I would like to get it rented before the school year starts on an unfurnished basis. In addition to a 4/3/2, it also has a den, pool / spa, screen enclosure and upscale appliances. My impression is that I would have to use a larger firm to attract a corporate relo type family. Is the ability to offer a 2 yr lease vs a 1, a better option in this situation?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 34238

Answers

5
Kay Winefordner’s answer
2 year leases are always better IF the tenant qualifies. You do not want to be subjected to a tenant long term if they are a nuisance in any way. I just finally rid ourselves from one. My owner of the property is relieved they are gone. They were great paying tenants but seemed to be very hard on the house. Also, the deed restrictions may have something to say about it as well. I am located in the Landings and familiar with Turtle Rock.
Mike Robertson, The national relocation companies have their own pool of agents that they utlize. These agents are selected and trained by these agencies as their representatives.

The real estate agent does the work not the firm. The work skills would lnclude attention to details, results driven and persistency.

Renting out your property throws it into a different category. If homesteaded, it can no longer be homesteaded. You will have different tax implications, check with your CPA. All tenants are different, to protect yourself, have an attorney draw up a lease. Damage, no pays, access into the property are part of many other concerns that might arise. Evictions are expensive and lengthy.

One year with an option to renew under same terms. You will be able to check out the condition of the house at the conclusion of the first year, if you have not done so throughout the year.

Lynn Brock
Brock Realty Inc.
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com
You are not going to get a corporate relo tenant in your home. The Sarasota area doesn't have that many large national firms to create that type of demand.

You'll most likely end up renting to empty nesters or tenants forced out of their homes due to the market meltdown. You do not need a large firm to rent your property. In fact, a yard sign and a post on Craigslist for many people works just fine.

If you would like to have a company manage and market it for you, I can recommend All County Pros http://www.allcountypros.com.

David Barr, Broker Associate
Allison James Estates & Homes
Rentals are in demand, so you should not have a problem finding a tenant.
Discuss with the property management company what their fees are.
Do they do background checks on tenants.
Do they take care of collecting checks.
Do they handle maintenance.
Do they show the home to the tenants.
Do they do walk throughs periodically.
How do they advertise the property.
Do they prepare the lease.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
Hello.. Mike,

You should have no problem finding a renter for Turtle Rock. And I wouldn't feel that you would need to use a corporate relo management company. My office has a great management company and some of the other companies have them also. Please give me a call and we can talk. You are under no-obligation..but it is much easier going over these things in person or by phone.

I love the Palmer Ranch area and very familiar with Turtle Rock.

Rhonda Masotta
"A Tradition of Trust...Putting Experience to Work for You"
Direct: 941-504-4349
Email: rhondalifestyles@comcast.net
Sandals Realty of Sarasota
Web: http://www.rhondamasottasarasotalifestyles.com