Rentals in Fairfield>Question Details

mayreyestan67, Renter in Fairfield, CA

What is walk score?

Asked by mayreyestan67, Fairfield, CA Mon Aug 13, 2012

Answers

6
Don McDonald’s answer
One of the unique things you can gain from viewing a "Walk Score" is the ability to see all the surrounding amenities within 1 mile radius of the property. When viewing the map you can see the banks, gas stations, grocery stores, shopping centers, schools, parks ect., all within walking distance from the home.
I love the site and use it with clients all the time!

Chris
Thank you. I had seen those words "walk score" and often wonder what it was about. I appreciate the input and so now, I understand it better!!! Phew!!!
Kudos to you Tomas Beccar. I didn't know that, but I am glad that you did! Thanks for that answer.
Dianne Langston
It is a rating done by an independent firm (http://www.walkscore.com/) based on how close is the home to points of interest like shopping centers, schools, hospitals, fire station, etc.
Walk Score helps you find a walkable place to live. Walk Score is a number between 0 and 100 that measures the walkability of any address.
Short commutes reduce stress and increase community involvement.
It's an attempt to promote better urban planning by standardizing a score for the relative walkability of a property to specific destinations like schools, shopping, parks, etc. So, a property with a high score would be easily walkable to most of those destinations.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com