Rentals in Tulsa>Question Details

Adam Ortenbu…, Renter in Tulsa, OK

What is the typical max amount of time a LL will hold a house for you? I cannot move until May 1, that's why I am asking. Thanks!

Asked by Adam Ortenburger, Tulsa, OK Wed Mar 20, 2013

I'm trying to decide how serious I should be looking at houses that are available right now.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Tulsa

Answers

5
30-40 days max. some just 2 weeks. The fast moving rentals 3 weeks. I suggest start looking 35 days before you need a key and are willing to begin paying rent. If you find a good deal they usually move fast and you should be worth paying a little earlier. Give yourself a 7 day move time if you have to clean up the one your moving out of.
This is a question that would best be answered by our leasing department. A LL (landlord) should be able to communicate this upfront when you find a house you'd like to lease. If you'd be interested in buying give me a call at 918-855-9758 or email me at jimweaver@mcgrawrealtors.com. Interest rates are low and availability of homes is still good. If you call our leasing department at 918-592-6000 give them my name and they'll take exceptional care of you. Thanks Jim Weaver
The amount of time would definitely be tied to your deposit and any background or credit check the owner might perform leasing their home. A landlord ( LL ) might take a larger deposit into consideration. You can contact McGraws leasing department at 918-592-6000 and tell them I referred you. If you're interested in purchasing, interest rates and availability are still great. let me know if I can help. Jim Weaver McGraw Realtors 918-855-9758 jimweaver@mcgrawrealtors.com
The larger the deposit the more serious you are to the other party, make the deposit non-refundable and they will be more willing to work with you.
A 60 day escrow is perfectly within the limits of what most sellers will agree too. I would start looking now! If you have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me at 918-833-1076