Rentals in 94611>Question Details

Vince99, Home Owner in 94611

What is the rental market like for homeowners wishing to rent in Oakland CA Montclair district.?

Asked by Vince99, 94611 Thu Jun 9, 2011

I would like to rent my home for 2-3 years. 3 BD 2 BTH 1800 sq ft Archetect designed

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 94611

Answers

3
Hi Vince,

The rental market has really picked up but you do have to be aware that not everyone has stellar credit these days due to short sales and foreclosures.

That being said, I recently rented a home in Montclair for a client of mine and we had more than four applications to review and they were all stellar applicants. A big draw for the tenants wasn't just the house but the location of the house and wanting to get their kids accepted into Thornhill schools.

I hope that helps! If you decide to interview Property Managers, I hope you give me a call:) I'd love to earn your business!
Vince,
Rentals of your type are scarce. So shouldn't be a problem. Comps for price are a little more difficult but between craigslist and rentometer.com you should be able to get a decent idea of income potential. More importantly put a ton of energy into screening your tenants,
Hello Vince:
The rental market in Oakland ( specific area's) is good. I do not forsee a big problem renting out your house. We do it here all the time for people who go abroad for their job. But, what would be interesting is to make the financial calculations comparison between renting and selling. That would really help you decide. As an investment advisor and broker, I can do that for you. You would have to come to my office and meet with me in person . Looking forward to hearing from you.
Antoine (5102822162)