Rentals in Winchester>Question Details

Trulia Las V…, Other/Just Looking in Las Vegas, NV

What is the process for a landlord evict a tenant?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Thu Apr 18, 2013

Answers

3
I recommend using a company that specializes in evictions if you are unfamiliar with the eviction process. There are many steps that must be followed in order to handle the eviction properly and avoid further liabilty.

If you plan to rent out the property again you can contact a property management company and they can assist you with not only evicting the current tenant but also help you with find a new qualified tenant to help reduce the risk of finding yourself in the same situation in a few months.

If you need help finding either of these 2 type os companies please let me know as I would be happy to help out!

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
There are several ways to evict a tenant. A nuisance, non payment, or other situations, like not complying to the lease(parking, to many people, drug trafficking, etc). Each has a different procedure. Bob is right that it is best to use a service that works with the courts and knows the flow of paper that is needed in each case. If any of the paperwork is not done correctly, the tenant can get it kicked out and then it starts over. The tenant is served a 3 or 5 day notice and has that time to remedy the situation(unless it is unlawful activities). From there is depends on which category it falls under.
I am not an attorney and cannot give legal advise.

A good property management company will use one of these services to be sure it is done the right way. Plus, it takes it to another level of professionalism. The courts deal with these services all the time. It is no different than if you have a parking ticket to use a lawyer. Yes you can do it your self and waste time and sit there all day or just pay them a few hundred dollars and not have to appear.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013
Since the laws change consistently on this matter I would use an eviction service in the county you are performing an eviction in. One small item done incorrectly can cause the whole process to start all over. The eviction services are fairly reasonable on cost. Just Google "eviction service las vegas"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 18, 2013