Rentals in Garden City South>Question Details

Larach, Other/Just Looking in Garden City South, NY

What is the likelihood of 4 or more college students being able to rent a house in Garden City?

Asked by Larach, Garden City South, NY Mon Mar 5, 2012

My friends and I are about to be seniors at Adelphi University, and would love to rent a house together for our last year. If there are 4-6 of us, it's affordable, but we don't know how willing people may be to rent a house to multiple college kids. We're all in the honors program at our university, could provide copies of our transcripts to homeowners, and are not the "partying" kind. Any other suggestions that may help improve our prospects in terms of looking attractive as renters?

Answers

2
Depends on the individual landlord; renting to college students is not an unusual situation. For available area rentals check out http://www.mlsli.com also check local print media for for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; or if you need assistance feel free to contact me directly.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 6, 2012
As a realtor and a landlord I have rented to 4-6 students in a home. I personally rented to 6 students, but the home was bigger enough. My hesitation was there as well but, they ended up being one of my best tenants. As a realtor just rented to 4 students. The landlord asked for two months security and the lease should be signed By parties involved also by a Finacially stable parent (s).
If you need further assistance, let me know.
Luisa Pennella
Cell 516 322-3400