Rentals in 92592>Question Details

Leslie Lawson, Real Estate Pro in Temecula, CA

What is the going rate of rent for South Temecula...home size is roughly 3900 sq ft 4 bath.

Asked by Leslie Lawson, Temecula, CA Mon Sep 19, 2011

Trying to figure out if a friend of mine is paying too much for rent. They live in a 3900 sq ft. home in Temecula, small back yard...however good location and the house is roughly 7 years old. They pay $2500 per month, the owner wants to raise the rent. I'm not a rental expert...any idea what the going rate is for rent? Any advice would help

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 92592

Answers

3
Hi Leslie,

I live in South Temecula in Paseo Del Sol and I just helped a client rent a 3500 sf home for $2400 per month. Unless the home has a pool and many upgrades, I believe $2500 per month is a very fair rent. In addition, I rented a custom 3600 sf custom home on 1 acre for $2750 per month, so the landlord is pushing the limit. Have a great day.

James Brennan
The going rate for rent on a property that size is 2395-2495 seems crazy to raise the rent on them if they are paying that and are good tenants.
I think it should be $2200-$2500, not more. It seems to me they are at the top end of where they should be. There are many homes for rent these days in that area.