Rentals in Raleigh>Question Details

Jason Driver, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

What is the gay scene like in Raleigh, NC?

Asked by Jason Driver, Raleigh, NC Mon Oct 31, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Raleigh

Answers

6
Bill Eckler-Florida,’s answer
Jason,

Respectfully...this is very much like asking how the "chick scene" is in any location. It crosses the line of reasonability and enters personal preferences that are removed from the real estate realm. Yes, there may be a connection, but it's just too personal to comment on in a public forum such as trulia.

I agree with Bill. It's like asking the racial profile of an area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 31, 2011
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer/renter to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached; after all opinions are oftentimes subjective, what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another.
If you're moving to Raleigh from elsewhere, I think you'll find the "gay scene" to be just fine. We're not CA but we're certainly progressive enough. In fact, there's enough gay people here that they're no longer "confined" to the Hargett St area, nor are they looked down upon elsewhere, even among traditional families with kids - like me. Anywhere you want to go downtown/ITB will be accepting.
Web Reference: http://www.BoBromhal.com
Essentially if you want to live near any well defined gay scene you'd likely want to be downtown. The center of what most would consder to be the "gay district" is just west of Nash Square on Hargett Street. There are also numerous bars downtown that boast a very progressive and diverse crowd where everyone feels comfortable.

My office is on Hargett Street just down the block from Legends. You can feel free to stop in and either myself or my manager would be happy to discuss the gay scene with you.

And for those who seem to object to discussing this, sexual orientation is not a proctected class under fair housing laws.
Web Reference: http://www.RaleighITB.com
Karen,

I respect your right to disagree with my statement. However, how can you disagree with my comment and not publically post the specific information requested in the initial question? What is your issue?

I have gay relatives, friends, and acquanitances that I believe, would support my position.