Rentals in Brentwood>Question Details

Carter2034, Renter in Brentwood, CA

What is the drive like from Concord to Brentwood? We will be looking for a rental property with good schools and hopefully a pool in a month or two.

Asked by Carter2034, Brentwood, CA Sat Sep 11, 2010

Are there a lot of rental homes in Brentwood? We need at least 4 bedrooms, can spend up to $4000 but would like to stay around $3000. I really want a good neighborhood where there are lots of kids and close to shopping and restaurants. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. From what I have read on here everyone seems to like Brentwood, are there any negatives?

Answers

13
Thanks everyone.
I would love to buy a house, but we will only be in California a year or two at the most so I just can't see buying one and then trying to resell with the way the housing market and the economy is going.
If you can spend that much money for renting a house, I think it will be practical to buy a house there. Just a suggestions.
Greetings Carter-

It appears you have received some really good answers. To answer your question regarding rental properties; the neighborhoods are moreso owner-occupied however this makes perfect for a family seeking good schools and neighborhoods for children. Depending on the need of your family, certainly a rental property can be located for less than $3000. The commute is not bad to Concord, especially if you don't mind taking alternative routes. Brentwood offers something of interest for all ages. I personally consider it a "city-country infused" area and I love living here. If you are not currently working with a realtor and require more information or lisitings, it would be my pleasure to assist you. Contact me so I can learn more about your specifics and locate the house your family can make a home.

Kemba Upshaw
Better Homes Realty - Elite
510.754.7366
Hello Center, commute is usually around 30 - 45 mins from Concord to Brentwood.

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 12, 2010
I can give you specific times the whole town moves daily, along with commute times. I live,work, move and breath in Brentwood.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 11, 2010
Google Maps reports offers three paths with time varying from 35 to 41 minutes with NO allowance for traffic, which can easily double that. That's from the center of Brentwood to the center of Concord, so your particular locations would affect that. Traffic could easily double that during rush hour

You might profit from listening to traffic reports (or checking Google Maps) during rush hours (or whatever your commute hours would be
Generally, the commute would be 40 - 60 minutes during rush hour. You can avoid Highway 4 if you want to on one of several other routes to Concord.
Thank you so much for all the input, but I am wondering what is everyone's definitions of a tough commute... 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours?

Thank you!
Hi Carter: The commute can be tough depending on the days and time you are driving. After 10 am from Brentwood and before 3 pm coming Home to Brentwood is lighter traffic. I have lived in Brentwood 8 + years and love it here! The schools are great, I have 4 children attending. We have lots of shopping "The Street's of Brentwood". There are many neighborhoods to choose from depending on your needs and wants. Deer Ridge and Shadow Lakes just to name a few have golf courses and high rated schools. I know the area well...Feel free to call for any additional questions!
There are two kinds of commutes from Brentwood to Concord.

One is slow

The other is slower

Sorry, but that's the reality
Hello Carter2034-

The highway 4 commute can be a little rough, depending on the time your commute is. I know that it is less expensive the further out you go- so that is to some, worth the commute. I also know that there are some very nice communities out there and a great place to raise a family.

Good Luck Carter!
It's a tough commute, especially during rush hour or if it's raining, however it's going to get better once the next phase of the Highway 4 widening project is completed. The best way to experience the commute is to actually drive it for yourself during rush hours, or when you would actually be doing the drive. Also best to try it out on a Tue., Wed., or Thur. if possible since those are the heaviest days so you can get a real experience of the commute.

Craig Lawler, REALTOR
Security Pacific Real Estate
Craig@RealEstateCraig.com
925.232.1070
Hi Carter,

Brentwood is a great place to live. I have lived here for 10 years and have watched it grow. I myself have 3 small children and we have found it to be a great place to raise a family and there are many other families like ours in town. You will definitely find what you are looking for in one of several neighborhoods around town. Schools are generally good and I would say the only real drawback is a commute. However, commuting to Concord is not too bad if you can avoid highway 4 at rush hour. If you have other questions, feel free to contact me.

Evan Homer, Realtor
eastbayevan@gmail.com
(925) 642-5760