Rentals in Las Vegas>Question Details

Elisabeth, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

What is the demand for rental in Mount Charleston, NV?

Asked by Elisabeth, Las Vegas, NV Thu Aug 16, 2012

Is a good investment to buy rental property in Mount Charleston, NV?

Answers

4
Elizabeth, I would be very careful about investing in Mt. Charelston for rental. My wife and I are in the property managment business with over 350 properties and in the last 4 years, we've not had one person ask us to help them find a rental up there. There has been a lot of people in the military who work at Creech AFB who want to live around the Ann Rd, Durrango/215 etc but still no one every asks about renting up there. There are far better areas for a good return on investment. We had a very close friend who had a home/cabin up there and it was lovely. If you want to talk more about this or anything please call.

Matthew D’Ercole
One Source Realty and Management
Cell - 702.501.0973
Website - http://matthewsellslasvegas.las.mlxchange.com
Hi Elisabeth, I personally would not. Let me put it this way.... I help a lot of people get into rentals and I have yet had a client ask for Mount Charleston. Now I may not be talking to the people that would want such a beautiful area, however my experience tells me no.

On the flip side of that purchasing rental properties can be a great investment, especially in our Valley.

I hope this helps, if you like feel free to contact me with any further info you may need.

Good Luck,

Sia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Hi Elisabeth,

There are two rental scenarios for Mt. Charleston, short term and full-time residential. The problem is that prices of the homes are higher than the rent for permanent residents justifies, and maintenance can be quite high due to the difficult landscape and extreme weather in the winter, and many of the cabins are old and were not built for year-round occupancy. Probably you would make more money with short term rentals, but new county ordinances against short term rentals in residential neighborhoods may be a problem. If you are considering purchasing in Mt. Charleston, be sure and check with Clark County Zoning and satisfy yourself as to what is allowed. If you were looking for a quick get-away from the city or a different permanent lifestyle, somewhere with trees and a cooler temperature, our answer would be much different.

Mike Pristow, Donna Hodge & Associates
Keller Williams Realty The marketplace
702-604-1001
Hello Elisabeth, I was just wondering what kind of rental you are referring to? Do you mean long term lease like residential or are you referring to weekly rental such as a vacation rental property? It would be my opinion that Mount Charleston would be better suited for a vacation rental than otherwise. If you have any further Real Estate questions please feel free to contact me!

Michael Stone, REALTOR
Keller Williams The Marketplace I
702-824-4011