Rentals in Tinley Park>Question Details

spark_327, Renter in Tinley Park, IL

What is the best way to rent a home or a town-home after you went through a short sale a year earlier and your credit is bad?

Asked by spark_327, Tinley Park, IL Sun Sep 23, 2012

Own a business that is now made money in 2011 but the 2 previous years were horrendous. I can prove 70k income for last year.

Help the community by answering this question:


Maria Cipollone’s answer
Try to join a reputable credit counseling company for assistance. When you find a potential rental write a letter to the Landlord indicating how you are getting help on working on your finances. This shows the prospective landlord that you are responsible on your bills and the only problem was caused by the short sale of your home.

Best of Luck,

Maria E. Cipollone
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Just explain your situation to the landlord, full disclosure. Hope for the best. Someone will give you a shot.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer