Rentals in 10506>Question Details

Orjetorix, Renter in Westchester County, NY

What is the best way to find a good quality SFH to rent in areas of Chappaqua, Bedford, Mount Kisco, etc. Also, what is best time of year to do so?

Asked by Orjetorix, Westchester County, NY Wed Jan 25, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 10506

Answers

5
Networking and word of mouth...
The rental market is very tight in Northern Westchester. I do have a client who has a rental cottage available. It is not listed. Please reach out if still interested, as I see this post is quite old. References a must.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 7, 2013
Find a local Realtor who can help set you up with a good online search engine that is up to date for rentals. Drive by places if you don't know the area and let your agent know which you would like to see. The rental market throughout Westchester seems to be fairly strong for attractive rentals that are priced correctly.

Early summer is frequently a good time for rentals as many people do not want to move during the school year. The exception is many people relocate due to job changes and that can mean a property that fits your criteria can come on the market at any time.

Donald A Mituzas
Licensed Associate Broker
Prudential Douglas Elliman
Katonah, NY
Web Reference: http://www.nyhomeseller.com
The best way is to consider working with an agent of your own....
Hi, you could team up with an agent, I used to live in Mt Kisco. I normally have customers come to my office so we can thoroughly discuss your needs and then perform a search based on your specific criteria. The rental market has been very strong since last year so now is a good time. The spring market, which really start in early February should be very strong this year. There are many sellers and landlords that are tired of waiting it out and will come to market.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
Licensed Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914 406 9023

Chris
I am not sure what you mean by "good quality". If you mean "higher end/priced" working with a realtor is the best way to go. I do many single family rentals a year as well as own several of my own single family rentals and the most availability regardless of what type of rental you are looking for is always for July or August occupancy because most rentals revolve around the school year. Since most tenants have to give their landlords 60 or 90 days notice you will see a large amount of rentals coming on the market in April and May.
Depending on your price range, overall the rental inventory is very low now.
I would be happy to set up a search for you that wil email you the rentals that meet your criteria as soon as they come on the market. Please contact me if you would like my help.

Mindy Gerstein
Mgerstein@prucentennial.com