Rentals in Highlands Ranch>Question Details

Sal & Ma…, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

What is the best nieighboorhoods to live for a family with kids in Highlands Ranch.?

Asked by Sal & Marisa, Orlando, FL Sat Oct 12, 2013

Answers

13
A best neigborhood(s) is subjective, and should be defined and dictated by personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc. If unfamiliar with the area(s) take the time and revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
Sal and Marisa,

What is best for you is subjective. It depends on what you want and what works for you and your family. Take the advice of the pros here and then take a drive through the areas go to the grocery stores and restaurants and talk to the people. You will know what feels most comfortable for you. All the best in your search.

Robert McGuire ASR
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
You won't go wrong in any price range and in any area of Highlands Ranch! We have been working in Highlands Ranch since 1989. Highlands Ranch is an area where people are trying to be the best they can be, and they seem to be very "kid-centric".

You won't meet a nicer bunch of people than in Highlands Ranch! We tease that if you're not nice, Highlands Ranch won't be for you!

The Rec Centers are all different and are all well-maintained! For example, the Westridge center has in-line hockey, and the Southridge center has a lazy river. For only about $45/month, the whole family has access to all 4 centers. There are constant activities, classes, etc.

Gary & Kathy Weimer
RE/MAX Professionals
kathy@weimerteam.com
I would worry more about your commute. I've been on the west side for 9 years and love it. East side is closer to DTC and I25 but seems more congested to me. Probably stay away from the small number of HUD homes built in the mid 80"s but really, it is a great area all around. Good schools. Safe neighborhoods. Your choice will be very budget driving.... I don't really enjoy C470 during rush hours, it can be a parking lot. That is the only negative I have about Westridge.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
I have lived in Highlands Ranch for 24 years! Highlands Ranch has excellent schools and amenities! By zip code, 80130 is primarily comprised of Eastridge and Southridge, 80126 is Northridge, and 80129 is Westridge. Southridge is the newest area of Highlands Ranch. An excellent source to research schools is at schooldigger.com. Please call or e-mail and I'll gladly offer any assistance!
Look into the Timberline Ridge Neighborhood, as well as the surrounding areas near Venneford Ranch Road if you prefer a more traditional home and established neighborhood with mature trees. I've lived in Timberline for a decade now and I can honestly say that we have the best neighbors! We are a close knit community and I would say that for all of Highlands Ranch.
There are many great neighborhoods in Highlands Ranch, it really depends on a variety of factors on your choice. Do you want a newer home or more established neighborhood? Proximity to your work would also be a factor you would want to consider. Douglas County has great schools as well. I have lived in Highlands Ranch for almost 18 years, so if I can answer other questions for you please let me know.,
Heather Hankins-heather@madisonprops.com
Hi Sal & Maria,
Highlands Ranch covers a fairly large area with a great community feeling. 4 huge community rec centers, parks, trails, etc. You can find a 4 bedroom for $1500 a month to $6000 per month, quite a range really. If you would like some help, please email me and we can get some specifics like the date you hope to move, pets, size of garage, travel time to work, and more.
I'd be happy to help you.
Good luck and thanks. Mark - markt@ehr4rent.com Executive Home Rentals, South Metro
Hi Sal & Marisa: As you can see by the answers you've received, we, as real estate agents, cannot recommend a neighborhood (it's called steering and it is strictly prohibited). I know you guys have done your due diligence and have been researching the Highlands Ranch community including its top rated schools. As Julie mentions, if you're looking to rent before you buy you may not have much of a choice of neighborhood as the rentals go very, very quickly. This does, however, give you an opportunity to explore and find an area you really like. So, decide if you want to live on the west side of town, the east, or central (does one work better for your commute). Decide if you like newer construction, i.e. 2000's+ or if you're happy with a home built in the 90's (they're usually less expensive but many have beautiful updates). Do you want to live near a trail or a dog park, do you like to shop at Target or Wal Mart or Costco. There will be homes and neighborhoods you'll love living in that match your needs. Good luck and take care, Carrie Sampron, HomeSmart Realty Group (303) 931-3629
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 13, 2013
As you have posted this in the rentals section, you may not have the greatest of choices when it comes to neighborhoods. The rental market is a hot one here in Highlands Ranch, so you may be limited. However, renting gives you the opportunity to work out where you really want to be. I rented for 2 years before we knew where as a family we wanted to buy.

Check out the link below which will details what Highlands Ranch has to offer. In 2010, Business Week also named Highlands Ranch one of the best places to raise kids. - See more at:

Julie Reddington
720 226 4168
http://www.homesinhighlandsranch.com
Maybe the commute to work and the location of rentals will be the deciding factor.
Check out Backcountry < the Hearth or even Firelight. It depends on how much you want to spend and what school you want your kids to attend
http://www.kennarealestate.com/backcountry-homes-for-sale.php
http://www.kennarealestate.com/hearth-homes.php
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Most of the neighborhoods in Highlands Ranch are family friendly. I would focus on what type of home and where your comfort level is with price as there are children of every age in most neighborhoods.

Pam Carter
Weichert Realtors Professionals
pamcarter4yourhome@gmail.com