Rentals in Sunpark>Question Details

Aisha Shih, Home Buyer in Beverly Hills, CA

What is the best area to rent a condo/apt/townhouse in Santa Monica for a student going to SMC?

Asked by Aisha Shih, Beverly Hills, CA Mon Aug 16, 2010

In terms of safety and convenience. High-end neighborhoods would be preferred.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Sunpark

Answers

11
Richard Schulman’s answer
The more expensive rental, the nicer the area...mostly. Contact the local police department and ask for access to crime stats and recommendations of areas.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Richard Schulman
#1 Listing and Selling Agent
Keller Williams West LA
310-482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com
http://www.RichardSchulman.com
Aisha:
The area immediately surrounding SMC is referred to as Sunset Park, which would be a great choice, and a bit more affordable than Ocean Park, which is adjacent to Sunset Park but closer to the beach. You could also find good options in West Los Angeles, which begins at Centinela.
Let us know if we can assist you; we both live in Santa Monica and know the area well!
Alyssa
Tracey Hennessey
Gibson International
310-779-6375
I saw your answer and I am also looking for an apartment for my son who is in college and will be transferring there next month. Are you able to help finding something reasonable ?
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
If you want to be close to the college, the zip code is 90404. There are plenty of rentals available in this area. If you are looking for more of a high-end neighborhood, try 90403, feel free to search all the available properties on my website.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul
Coldwell Banker Santa Monica
424-625-1037
Hi Aisha,
Have you been to Playa Vista yet? It is located at the corner of Lincoln Boulevard and Jefferson. It's not Santa Monica, but its very close, new and I think you will really like it . Our offices are on Seabluff next door to Pinkberry. Why not stop by on the weekend and you can stroll the grounds and see what you think of it. We have condo,homes and apartments for lease in Playa.
If you are looking to rent near SMC I would definitely suggest the Santa Monica area south of the 10 freeway as well as Venice. Rents tend to be cheaper south of the 10 so it is probably the best bet to search in this area. Also this part of SM and Venice will be closer to the SMC campus. A great site to start your search is through http://www.santamonicacollegeapartments.net there's apartments listed throughout the area close to SMC at a variety of prices from affordable studios and one bedrooms and even luxury apartments. Good luck with your search!
Aisha,

Sunset park, zip code 90405 would be the closest, but zip code 90404 is also very close and more affordable. North Santa Monica is more expensive, but you are still close to SMC. West LA may be a bit more affordable than Santa Monica.

Elizabeth Sorgen
310-927-0916
I remember my student days. I would recommend Westwood and Brentwood. You would be surprised to find some amazing Brentwood Condo Rentals for under $3000. Good luck with your Search Aisha!
Hello Aisha,

The best place to rent is probably West LA. Anywhere along Pico. Santa Monica is best but it can be pricey. I would check the area on Centinella Palms and also near the West Side Pavillion.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
(323) 899-2900
Hi Aisha,

I would check with SMC. They may have a list of student housing. I would also check westsiderentals.com. There you will get the best deals.

As for location, I'm sure you can find something in Sunset Park or Ocean Park. West LA is always good too.

KRISTIN KANAN
REALTOR® - DRE#01875837
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2444 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 102, Santa Monica, CA 90403
d: 310.586.0374 | c: 310.883.4240
http://www.kristinkanan.com
Web Reference: http://www.kristinkanan.com
Hello Ms. Shih,
Santa Monica has upscale rentals available as well as Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, and West Los Angeles. In Santa Monica you may find rentals on Ocean Avenue, near Montana Ave, Ocean Park, and Santa Monica Canyon. If you need further assistance, I am available to help you.

Felecia Wesley
Partners Trust Real Estate Brokerage and Acquisitions
310-500-1383
Sunset Park is the easiest commute to SMC.