Rentals in Queens Village>Question Details

Queenofqueens, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

What do I do if my boyfriend can afford more than I can, do you think I can ask him if he can pay more rent (we will not split it evenly)?

Asked by Queenofqueens, Queens, NY Mon May 6, 2013

Answers

4
In most every relationship, one partner earns more than the other. How they handle finances is something that must be worked out between themselves. First see if you can find a unit that doesn't require him to pay more than half of the expenses. If you can't, you can then ask if he's willing to pay more so that you can find a unit that you both like. Good luck. Jeff Langer 718-479-9200
If you don't have the kind of relationship that would allow you two to openly discuss this, then you probably shouldn't enter into a fanacial arrangement together.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 6, 2013
In my view you could definitely ask him to pay the bigger part! Especially if you are the one cooking,cleaning and/or paying utilities.
This is a discussion you should be having with him.....