Rentals in Sacramento>Question Details

Roy Wilkins, Renter in Sacramento, CA

What cn I expect renting a house with poor credit?

Asked by Roy Wilkins, Sacramento, CA Tue May 29, 2012

My wife and I have good jobs, and good rental history, but our credit is in poor shape right now

Answers

1
Ed Favinger’s answer
Hey there Mr.Roy.....

I would not worry about this situation too much. Credit is important, but in this economy, having a good job that you've been on for a few years along with a good rental history and most times do compensate. There are lots of folks in your same situation if that makes you feel any better.

However... let me warn you that if on your credit you have stuff like some collections for utility bills, phone bills and stuff like that, it will cause me to look a little harder at you.

We run a Property Management business as well so what we'd like to have from you would be: Copies of your last 2 paychecks, copies of your last 2 or 3 bank statements and of course a good referral from previous landlords and a fully executed rental application.

Also because of your circumstances, be prepared to pay a "double security deposit" because that's what our company would want and I would imagine most others would too... especially if it's a nice place.

I hope this helps...

Make it a Great Day....!