Rentals in Matthews>Question Details

jamesely, Renter in Charlotte, NC

What can you tell me overall about Matthews? We are a couple with a 4yo and a newborn. Prices are in our budget but I'm concerned with crime...

Asked by jamesely, Charlotte, NC Mon Oct 14, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Matthews

Answers

5
I raised my family in the Matthews area. I know that you will want to know about schools. http://www.LovingCharlotte.com has school reviews and homes on the market in the school radius. It is a wonderful place to grow up and has a calendar of events that you can bring your stroller to! It has Sports, festivals, plays, movies and live music in the park.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 20, 2013
Matthews, NC has a lot to offer and a lot of great places to live. Out of all the bedroom communities on the outskirts of Charlotte, this is probably one of the safest. Matthews has their own large and hardworking police force. Like anywhere you will see some areas of Matthews are a higher risk for moderate crimes. Here is a Crime Map of those pockets to better help you:
Move to mint hill, its beside matthews, upscale living, five star newly built Bain elementary school. Right down the street is a brand new equestrian community that is currently hosting home a rama. Check ot out. Charlotthomearama.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 11, 2013
Good evening, James:
Matthews has a great downtown, lots of community events and life, a commercial and restaurant areas along NC74 independence and housing to fit many budgets. If you are concerned about crime, you should find home(s) you like in several different areas, then call the local police non-emergency line and ask to speak with the officer who patrols those neighborhoods. You can also drive the communities at various times of the day and evening and talk to residents you see there. You may want to read the Trulia Real Estate Blog "How to Choose a Neighborhood - Signs of Good and Bad Neighborhoods" If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 15, 2013
Crime is a concern for everyone and unfortunately it' s everywhere. However Matthews has one the lowest rate in Charlotte Area, A wonderful place to live and work.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 14, 2013