Rentals in Longmont>Question Details

resolami, Renter in Longmont, CO

What areas (if any) are considered "bad neighborhoods" in Longmont? I'm unfamiliar with the area..

Asked by resolami, Longmont, CO Sun Dec 30, 2012

My husband and I are wanting to know if there are certain parts of Longmont that would be unsafe/not recommended to live in?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Longmont

Answers

8
April makes an excellent point. Shop the neighborhoods first, research the schools and then talk to a Realtor who work hard to find you that beautiful home!
Here is a link to the Longmont police department if you still need it: http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/police/crimeupdate/ There is a crime information there.

Laurie Proctor
Heart Realty
303-651-1112
A very good thing to do when you are looking into moving to a new area is to drive into the neighborhoods you are interested in, and walk the neighborhoods to get a feel for them. Of course stopping by the police station to get their perspective is also a good idea. You can also google the address for any home you are interested in and see what interesting goodies come up online of things that may have been related to that address. :)
Yup, that's not a question we can answer. You can, however, research crime statistics on the Internet.
Give the local police a call and ask for crime trends for the past 10 years. Also call the schools for student achievement results. And the best help I've found are letter/package delivery guys and dog catchers!
-Robert
Hi resolami:

As others have mentioned, real estate agents do no steer buyers either toward or away from particular neighborhoods. But Boulder County is in general a great place to live. I would suggest you do a little research online and then get into a car a drive around the city. I think you will find that Longmont is a great city.

Kind regards,
Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
303.981.1617
ron@rovtar.com
http://www.rovtar.com

From a Realtor's standpoint, we are not allowed to 'steer' clients to one neighborhood or another so that would be a very hard question for us to answer.

However, we can let you know that you can contact the local police department and ask them about crime activity in various neighborhoods. That will get you actual facts that you can then use to decide what areas you would like to move to.

The Longmont Police Dept's website is: http://www.ci.longmont.co.us/police/ and their phone number is: 303 - 651 - 8555

They are located at: 225 Kimbark Street Longmont, CO 80501 Stopping by personally and speaking with the staff their may be your best bet.

Also - when you are considering a house to purchase - you can always google that address and see what newspaper items come up in reference to possible reported activity at that address.

Additionally, driving through various neighborhoods at different times of the day and seeing what kind of feel you get for those areas can be an invaluable use of your time.

Hope this is helpful! Have a great weekend.

April Neuhaus
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Thanks for the tips; we will do that!
Flag Sun Dec 30, 2012
We can not say any neighborhood is good or bad. That is totally up to you to decide. What is great for you I might call bad and visa verse. We sell homes, we don't judge.