Rentals in Fort Wayne>Question Details

Maria, Renter in

What are the income guidelines?

Asked by Maria, Wed Sep 18, 2013

Answers

2
Blake Music’s answer
Hi Maria,

I know that this question is a couple of months old, but if you are still in the market, I would be happy to help. There are a few different income guidelines dependent upon which loan program you pursue. Let me know if I can help!

-Blake Music
260-227-0780
blake@ruoff.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 13, 2013
First I will try to answer what I can about your question. Every type of loan has a different set of income guidelines, but the strength of the total application also has an impact. Some limits may be in stone for one borrower but not for another buying the exact same house.

Now, having answered what I can, asking this question is a red flag for an honest loan officer. It is a question often asked by someone that is trying to fudge on their income.

Not implying that is what you are doing, just letting you know it is a trigger that is often asked by self-employed individuals that have been cheating on their taxes. I know that is the case because they will offer to prove it. My response is always, “You want to prove to the government that you cheat on your taxes?”

Your question is probably innocent, just trying to figure out what you can afford, so don’t self-diagnose. Have a professional do it for you the right way. Have your Realtor introduce you to the loan officer they trust the most. Gather all of the support documents that will be needed to apply for a loan and meet with the LO face-to-face, have them walk you through the process and options available, good luck, hope this helps,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/