Rentals in Austin>Question Details

Marc Mcquain, Renter in Austin, TX

What are the "better" neighborhoods around Austin? We are relocating back to the states and have visited Austin but have not lived there previously.

Asked by Marc Mcquain, Austin, TX Thu Aug 8, 2013

We are looking for a single family home with excellent schools (our children are 8 and 11) for around $3,500. We have been looking in the Steiner Ranch and Lakeway areas. I will be flying in next week to sort a house and we are looking to move in by early Sept.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

11
I personally like Westlake.
Do you want a house, town home, or condo?

How many square feet?
3 bedrooms or more?

What other needs do you have?

Http://ShawnMon.com
Sounds like you've already noticed some great areas for families with school-age children! I work with families to find their perfect fit in a rental or a purchased home and would love to help your family in the process! Let me know how I can help...

Laurie Kriegel
JB Goodwin REALTORS
lauriek@jbgoodwin.com
512.630.3648
Hi Marc - it depends on what type of neighborhood you are looking for and in vicinity to what major employers, location etc. Eanes ISD in Westlake is the most reputable school district and $3500 should get you an ok home there. Circle C in Southwest has one of the best schools in AISD (Gorzycki Middle school) and fantastic amentieis and $3500 would get you a very nice, larger home. Lake Travis ISD and Dripping Spring ISD are also extremely reputable. Shoot me an e-mail at Claudia at moreland dot com and I can send you some links to schools and neighborhoods you might find interesting.
Lakeway is not an easy 25 minutes to the city. I've worked out there, and the traffic is absolutely terrible during certain times. Renting out there basically means not being in Austin, it's a totally different community. IMHO.
Marc,

I believe you are searching in some great Austin areas! Congratulations on your relocation. If you decide to explore homes feeding into the Leander ISD school district, (Steiner Ranch) please give me a call. I live in Cedar Park, a fantastic suburb outside of Austin with great school ratings, great neighborhoods and closely located to the lake. I think you would be pleasantly surprised with what you will find in Cedar Park which is just a hop, skip and a jump from the locations you mentioned off of FM620. I am Austin native, but moved my family to Cedar Park seven years ago specifically to schools so I know how important this is to you as a parent myself!

Best of luck, and don't hesitate to call me if you haven't already found someone to help you out.

Melissa Galvan
KW Realty
mgalvan@kw.com
512-773-5735
Hi Marc,
Depending on your or your wife's work, there are neighborhoods worth exploring. Lakeway has great schools, but is an easy 25 minutes to town. With your budget, Westlake might be another option. These are just a couple, but if you need a more in depth breakdown I can offer any information you may need.

Mark Alexander
KW Realty
512-800-4443
Hi Marc,

For Middle Schools, you can't go wrong with Hill Country, West Ridge, Canyon Vista, Canyon Ridge, Lake Travis, Cedar Valley, and Gorzycki. As you probably already know, a good portion of Steiner Ranch and Lakeway go to these schools. There is an awesome 5 bedroom home for $3500/mo in Lakeway at 17003 Flintrock Rd that goes to Lake Travis Middle School along with top rated Lakeway Elementary. I am happy to show you this place and others when you get to town. Call or email me anytime to set up a viewing or to get more information on schools and/or neighborhoods. Welcome to Austin!

Dan Burstain, Realtor
JB Goodwin Realtors - serving Austin for 40 years
cell: 512-588-3260
Dan@JBGoodwin.com
Hello Marc,
You are on the right track. Both these school districts are highly rated. Steiner schools are located within or very near the neighborhood. I would mention to be careful because some homes in Steiner funnel to different school districts, even some that are on the same street. In Lakeway the schools are spread further apart and can add quite a bit of "to & from time."

I recommend that you connect with a local Realtor ahead of time or you will waste a lot of time. The market is moving very fast. I would be happy to be your guide. By the way, the landlord pays my fees not you.

Hi Mark the neighborhoods mentioned below are good options. Austin has been the go to place for relocation. Whether it's the lifestyle, friendly Austinites, unpredictable weather or exemplary schools people do stay. I want to give you a buyer's guide which talks about the different neighborhoods in Austin. This will allow you to quickly familiarize yourself with Austin as well as allowing you to make an informed decision on which neighborhood to choose based on the school district.

Please contact me to receive the Buyer's guide.

Jan Gerace®
512-903-2982
jgerace@gretx.com
Goldwasser Real Estate
Marc, I believe you're on the right track by looking in Steiner Ranch and Lakeway. I would recommend anything with the Lake Travis school District, or the Eanes school District, which would be west and southwest Austin areas, including Steiner Ranch and Lakeway, but also a few other communities like the Hills and West Lake Hills (no relation-just similar names). Those are the two highest rated school districts and have rental homes to match.
If you are not yet working with a Realtor and would like some excellent, one-on-one assistance, feel free to contact me and perhaps I can help you. I know the greater Austin area very well and have helped helped many clients relocate successfully. I also do not charge you anything for my extensive services…

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
Hello Marc,

You might like Steiner Ranch and Lakeway, but if you felt like being closer to town, Westlake and a couple other neighborhoods would be a great area to consider. Let me know if you'd like any help.

- Carlos