Rentals in Charlotte>Question Details

Desirae Beck, Renter in Charlotte, NC

What are the best neighborhoods to live in Charlotte? I will be relocating down there in July-August 2013. I my children will be 14

Asked by Desirae Beck, Charlotte, NC Wed Oct 31, 2012

Answers

11
Susan’s answer
Depends if schools are important or not. Do your research on schools and that should be where you invest your dollars. http://www.greatschools.org/north-carolina/charlotte/ is one site that will show you the best public and private schools. There are others you can research yourself. When I had to buy our home in another state years ago, I wanted to be in close proxmity to either an excellent public school or withing an easy drive to a good private school. We actually ended up sending our daughter to a private gril's school, but we had several great private schools within 7 miles of our home as well as pretty good public schools. This was not in North Carolina.
I would love to help. Call me 704-392-0559. I'm dedicated to helping my clients find the right home! I 've been a Realtor in the Charlotte area for over 20 years.
It all depends on your preferences. Realtors will be able to help you but also the city data forum is an amazing place to find some info too.
Charlotte - Mecklenburg county encompasses such a large area. Do you work out of your home or do have to commute? That is a major question. If you have to commute into Charlotte you may want to consider your commute time before looking at neighborhoods. Charlotte has so much to offer. North of Charlotte is the beutiful Lake Norman Area , which I cover extensively. South Charlotte has the Ballantyne areas or closer to Fort Mill that are great school districts. You have the option to be in communitys that are just a walk to the stores or in communities that are more rural. You should visit the areas numerous times and have a Real Estate Agent show you the areas depending on where you need to work. I am available to help in any way. Feel free to call or email me directly at rosec@lakenormanrealty.com
Welcome Desirae,

You could be happy in many neighborhoods here. Charlotte metro is business and family friendly. The school choice is so broad depending on what you are wanting for your teens. My favorite neighborhoods are the large planned unit developments for families. Kids and teens are always kept busy. Highland Creek has been one of Charlotte's best selling neighborhoods- golf, tennis, walking trails, pools, playgrounds. The same can be said of Baxter Village in Fort Mill, SC minus the golf. You might check http://www.greatschools.org or http://www.ncreportcard.org.

If you want a small more intimate neighborhood, the Trotter Builders have built several brick home neighborhoods through out Charlotte Metro. The historic neighborhoods of Charlotte have a good vibe and are great walking neighborhoods. For a more modern feel, try the Providence or Ballantyne sections of Charlotte.

In short, there is a huge variety of housing and school choice. I suggest that you have coffee with a realtor soon to discuss what you want. Drive the area in the morning and evening to get a feel of the neighborhoods. You will get an idea of the children and teens ages by the toys and equipment in the yards.

Wishing you success,
Robin
If you would be interested in deeply discounted properties you can contact me anytime. I have lived in Charlotte for over 20 year's and know the area extremely well. My team and I can find properties all over Charlotte and the surrounding areas as needed. Let us know how we can help. Thank you.

Kevin Angle
Right Angle Properties, LLC
(704) 791-7062
KAinvestingllc@gmail.com
cheaphomescharlotte.com
Hi Desirae,

If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to discuss your options. As you can tell from other responses there are a lot of factors that I would consider before recommending one area. Feel free to contact me at anytime! 704-619-3971

Cheers,

Michael Laine
cell- 704.619.3971
email- michael.laine@prucarolinas.com
michaellaine.prucarolinas.com
Desirae,

There are a lot of great places to live in Charlotte area. A lot depends on the life style you are looking for in the Charlotte area. Charlotte is a very diverse community of neighborhoods and offers something for just about everyone. There are areas of Charlotte that cater to the arts, other areas that cater to the young professionals, and suburban neighborhoods.

In addition there are a wide array fo schools in the Charlotte area and some schools favor certain programs more than others do....

Last would be the price point you are looking to be in as compared to the area you want to live in. matching those two up is a large part fo what people moving here are looking for.

Feel free to either e-mail me or call me at 704-519-7895 to discuss your Real Estate needs.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
http://www.davedicecco.com
Hi Desirae,

I'm not in the Charlotte area, but I have some very dear friends who are amazing real estate agents who are. Feel free to contact them. They are fantastic people. http://www.livelovecharlotte.com/

Brian Rayl
B&B Realty Group - Keller Williams Elite Dallas, TX
214-601-4192
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
Great question Desirae,
There are a ton of communities that will be at you and your family’s disposal in the Charlotte area. To help you narrow down your options ask yourself a few questions:
1. What school system you want to be in?
2. What is the price range do you want to keep your home within?
3. What neighborhood amenities are important to you and your family? (pools, walking trails etc.)
4. What would you like to keep your commute to work within?
5. How big of a lot/acreage are you looking for?
6. What conveniences are you accustomed to?
7. Do you want a neighborhood with a HOA or no HOA?
8. What type of financing are you planning on using for the purchase of your next home?
This list of questions will assist you, your family and the professional you decide to represent you in your purchase of your next home identify areas and housing options that will specifically fit your family’s needs.
That being said, for excellent representation please feel free to call me or my team at 704-499-9099. We would love to see you in great hands!
Nick Baker
As realtors we can not tell you about specific neighborhoods. I can send you a relocation package that tells you all about Charlotte. If you would like one just email me your mailing address. Charlottehomepro@gmail.com is my email address. I will also post a link below that is a great site to start searching. Please call with any questions 704 763 0059
Web Reference: http://Www.jonnyagent.com