Rentals in 08857>Question Details

Daniellenebb…, Renter in Old Bridge, NJ

Went through a divorce and banktrupcy, w I don't have any debt whatsoever. Will I be able to rent?

Asked by Daniellenebbia, Old Bridge, NJ Wed Jan 9, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 08857

Answers

5
There are things you can do to make your tenancy more appealing to a landlord. If you have cash on hand, it will help. Feel free to reach out to me via Trulia or my website for some ideas. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Hi Danielle,
Rentals often require credit check and the bankruptcy may be an issue for some agents and landlords. Its not always a deal breaker, but we will have some explaining and convincing to do. Patience is key. I just worked with a client who went through a bankruptcy in March 2012. We were rejected a couple of times but we stuck with it and found her family a nice rental. She moved in October 1, 2012. I'd be happy to discuss this with you including the obstacles we encountered and how we overcame them. You can reach me at:
Alfonso Garcia - Rental Agent and Old Bridge Resident
agarcia1227@aol.com
Work with an agent who will take the time to present the story behind the credit rating.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Happy New Year Danielle,
Many landlords are simply looking for a tennant who has a job and good credit. If you pay your bills and have a job most landlords will take you as a tennant.
Some landlords do not require a credit check, so in those cases your bankruptcy remains private information.

If you have been a responsible renter before, you should use your previous landlords as references.

Good luck with your "new lease" on life!

Brian Diehl
973-521-1061
Web Reference: http://www.DiehlHomes.com
Its between the landlord and you (renter). I don't see it being an issue. If you have no debt, decent income and paid bills on time. You will be fine. You're not getting a mortgage and it shouldn't be an issue unless the landlord says no. I can help you out, give me a call. 908-839-9634. Thanks.