Rentals in Phoenix>Question Details

Jill Lewis, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

We will be moving from our apartment in January. When should we start looking for a rental home? Mid December or early January? Jill Lewis

Asked by Jill Lewis, Phoenix, AZ Sun Nov 18, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Phoenix

Answers

6
Jill, typically you can begin your search around 30 (no more than 45) days prior to your anticipated vacate date. This will allow for enough time to search for a rental that meets your needs and desires without being rushed. Most agencies and landlords will not hold a property for longer than a couple of weeks without incurring additional costs.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 18, 2012
Hi Jill,

I would agree with everyone's comments. What part of town are you looking in? We have a few home coming available for rent in Scottsdale, Litchfield Park and Surprise in mid December and January. Also, please feel free to search for home for lease on our web site at: http://www.PositionRealty.com.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in your home search.

Sean Heideman, Broker / Owner
Position Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Jill, 2-4 weeks are ideal as rentals "go fast"... That's 95% of what I do- I specialize in helping renters find rental homes. Any Realtor can set up a rental search to send you listings that match your search criteria. Find one you are compatible with. What area you looking for? Maybe I can help point you in the right direction.
You want to start looking anywhere from 2 weeks to 30 days before you are scheduled to move out of your current home.
Jill

Rentals tend to turn over pretty quickly so generally you don't start more than about 30 days early.

One thing we could do is to set up a feed of rentals that fit your criteria so it would be easy for you to begin to see what is renting etc. No charge to you, part of our service.

By the way, you would be working with my daughter Jill for a Phoenix rental!! She lives in Phoenix also.
Now....if I can possibly be of service, just let me know.