Rentals in Naperville>Question Details

Rmrgl, Renter in Naperville, IL

We want to rent a single family home in Naperville in September. When is the right time to start looking?

Asked by Rmrgl, Naperville, IL Tue May 15, 2012

Answers

7
Rental properties are moving very quickly in Naperville. For this reason properties are listing 30 - 60 days before available lease start. I suggest having a Realtor put you on a search 60 days prior so that you can start learning about our market. Once you see a home of interest that coincides with your availability you can tour it with the Realtor. Just be sure when you begin touring that you are able to meet the requirements of 1st months rent and Security Deposit at the time of application approval. Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Judy Keene
RE/MAX of Naperville
630.776.1590
http://www.judykeene.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 15, 2012
Now would be an excellent time to begin your search. Schools are about to end for the summer and many families are relocating.
Thanks for using trulia.com to get answers to your questions.

rentals in Naperville are moving fast so i would suggest 3 -4 months in advance also this is going to depend on your situation like your credit score, income and need for a certain area or school dist..

my advice: have a meeting with a trusted realtor today to figure out your options then together put together an attack plan. usually those who plans wins big.. :):)

do let me know if you need any further help.. thanks.

Inaas
630-329-5000
Inaas@hotmail.com
Great question. I would recommend about 2-3 months before the day you need to move out of your current place. If you are currently renting, you will probably need to give your current landlord a 30 day notice. Which means you need to add an addtional 30days to your search time. Rentals are going fast. Use the time to research where you want to live and find a realtor to work with. They can set up a search for you and know when something new comes on the market. Good luck.
I usually recommend about 2 months in advance. Rentals go fast in this market and if they are decent, don't stay on the market very long. Timing is critical. I would use this time to get all your documents together and start looking for a Realtor to work with. If you have a good income and higher credit score, you can take less time. But if your score is challenged, you may want to take the whole two months. Landlords have their pick of the litter these days and if you are challenged credit wise, you may get turned down a few times. Give yourself enough time. And find out what your current rental's policy is on month to month to give you some flexibility.
Hello!

Great question - I would suggest starting your search 6 weeks ahead of your move in date. You want to give yourself enough time to start looking and identify properties that you like, but not too much time. If you start looking too far ahead, the chances of a property owner holding that rental until you're ready to move in are pretty slim as our rental market is moving pretty quickly and these homes are renting fast. I'd be happy to help you in your search for a rental home - give me a call or shoot me an email to discuss what kind of home you're interested in and what amount you're looking to spend each month in rent!

Kate Shields
630-234-7522
Ryan Hill Realty
kshields@ryanhillrealty.com

You'll want to start looking closer to the end of Summer. Mid to late July would be best. Our rental market here in Naperville has exploded and nice homes don't stay on the market very long. So, you'll want to allow enough time to find a home with a not-too-distance move in date.

Let me know when you come to the area and I'll be glad to assist you.

Michele Nixon
michele@michelenixon.com