Rentals in 98023>Question Details

Tabby Ankenm…, Other/Just Looking in

We still owe money to a break lease fee ($5900) how do we go about now (a year later) getting into a new place?

Asked by Tabby Ankenman, Sat Apr 13, 2013

We Moved because of a job loss, at the time our rental company was not very lenient, we tried to pay all we had and they were all or nothing, It was an unfortunate situation, and the break lease fee was astronomical! 3 months of rent. (the month you were in last months (which we had already paid but they charged us anyway) and a break lease fee for I have no idea... ) So there is no way we can pay off 6k worth of debt before we need a new living arrangement. We have been renting the basement of my dads house for the past year, and have no room. I have been scouring all sorts of places, and Just need to know in OUR area what companies are willing to work with us. We can get a co signer, and probably some extra deposit money or higher rent for 6 months etc. Just feel at a loss after weeks of searching.... We have steady income now and were trying to fix credit issues, it feels overwhelming

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 98023

Answers

1
Tabitha,
Did your landlord seek a new tenant right away? Something doesn't sound right about your situation. You may want to speak to the Tenant Union of Washington; I've linked to them below or seek an attorney’s advice.
Well it was a community, like a bunch of townhomes, So i am not sure if they seeked to fill it right away or not! I do believe that we got fed to the wolves, as the amount owed is almost 5x our original rent. Thank you for the link I will look into it
Flag Mon Apr 15, 2013