Rentals in Portland>Question Details

ppapeto, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

We need to rent a house in portland. 14 years, same house/landlord, and he is selling. i have a bankruptcy, hard to verify income. any advice?

Asked by ppapeto, Portland, OR Tue Apr 9, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Portland

Answers

3
I recommend being honest upfront and many landlords may be compassionate. :)
I just took a renter that had rented for 7 years from last landlord and was not to worried they had medical bankruptcy that messed up their credit. So good luck to you explain the issue and if you lived in the same place and get a letter from your landlord you should be fine. Tom Inglesby, Broker RE/MAX
Congratulations on your extensive rental history.

Most landlords keep good records on their units. As long as you have made your rental payments on time and paid the agreed to amount, that should help alleviate any concerns a prospective landlord would have with a tenant that has a bankruptcy.

My suggestion is that you contact your existing landlord and request a copy of your rental history to provide to your future landlord.