Rentals in 90073>Question Details

dmac9114, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

We "may" be moving to LA. Is there someone (person/company) that assists with obtaining rental property?

Asked by dmac9114, Los Angeles, CA Mon Apr 8, 2013

Looking for small, inexpensive place for couple of months (efficiency or rental room) and a 2-3 bedroom place after my initial arrival.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 90073

Answers

6
Alyssa Fry’s answer
In regards to your short term relocation, an agent may not be the way to go and it will be difficult to find. I would check out Westside Rentals, Craigslist , etc. for that. Just be careful of scams. As for a 2-3 bedroom place after you are here, make sure you are clear as to what area you are hoping for. Los Angeles is a large city and has many suburban outskirts as well. The prices vary a lot depending upon the area. Also, make sure you know what the current market for rentals are. Depending upon where you are moving from, you may be in for a shock. I would expect to pay a minimal of $2200/month for 2-3 bedroom home and about $1800 at least for a condo/townhome/apartment. I work the San Fernando Valley area if you would like help with your long term lease and that is an area you may look at.
Google Rental homes and you will find plenty of it. The best suggestion is to find a set budget and work with that. If you are looking for something really cheap, try san fernando valley. Not a very clean area, but works well for low income families.
I would recommend taking a look at therentalgirl.com. They always have interesting 2-3 bed places.
Yes, most local Real estate Agents will help you. Don't worry, usually, the Landlord pays the fee.
Hi Dmac, I have a short term lease available in the Hollywood Hills, and I can talk to you about other accommodations.

Diane McDonald
What is your definition of inexpensive?? On top of that you want something short term...that is very hard to come by, most landlords are looking for long term tenants.