Mildred Vazq…, Renter in Austin, TX

We have problems en our credit broke lease for loose job and other for separation but now we want to safe our marieage any apt rent us

Asked by Mildred Vazquez, Austin, TX Thu Sep 29, 2011

we have two broken lease afther a very bad moment. I losse my job and then separate. Now im living runing around with my daughter. We want to safe our marriage and live togehters but no body want to rent us. Is desperate im frustrate. Is any way we cant found some place to live? Pls help us. Thanks Mildred Pardal

Answers

3
I would recommend looking for places that are "For Rent by Owner" or look on Craigslist.org for housing that isn't an ad that isn't an Agent ad. All ads that are Agent ads require that an Agent post that they an Agent.

Once you have broken a lease in Austin, TX, properties will decline you because you owe another property money. If you can go back and pay these properties that you owe money to, then you can get that cleared up. Places generally will not take co-signers (or guarantors) for people who have felonies or broken leases.

Good luck to you!

Judy Willey, Licensed Agent
FIRST CALL PROPERTIES of Austin
Hi Mildred,

You might try to save up several months of rent and offer that at move in to the landlord. Also perhaps you could get someone else to guarantee your lease. Be sure to tell them up front about your credit issues.

There are a lot of people in the Austin area who have to rent now, so you are not alone. It may take time to build your credit rating back up.

Sorry for your troubles. Best of luck to you.
Mildred, su necesitas un agente inmobiliario que hablas espanol para ayuda. Lo siento, pero mi espanol es asi asi. Buena suerte!! Joe