Rentals in 43016>Question Details

Melissa, Real Estate Pro in Dublin, OH

We are trying to rent a property that an agent has listed and we can't have the real estate agent call us back. What do we do?

Asked by Melissa, Dublin, OH Tue Feb 28, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 43016

Answers

5
Hard to say what this agent's motivation is. If you are a qualified applicant, why would "he" not want to get the property leased as soon as possible?

Maybe it's time to move on and locate other possibilities.
No I haven't. To be honest with you, we didn't even think about it since it was for rental.
I guess we should have.
My biggest concern is he will do everything in his power to not let me have this place if I go around him. I really like the place and I want to rent it. I know that he keeps posting it on craigslist too.
How long does a credit check take? I emailed him the documents almost 2 days ago.

I truly appreciate your help John.!
Well, yes, that's a much different scenario.

I advise you to contact the agent's broker or manager and try to resolve your concerns with their help.

As in all professions, the professionalism and service levels provided can vary from agent to agent.

Have you considered working with a Realtor to help you in your hunt?
John,

Thanks for the answer.
The issue is not only returning phone calls.It is a lot more than that. He was a no show to meet with us to show the property. Then he gave us the lock box code to get into the unit. We saw the unit and liked it and want to rent it. We called him back and told him we would rent the place. He met with us to give us the application and that is it. We have called him numerous times to hand the application to him and we had no luck. I scanned and emailed the application. It has been almost 2 days and still no response from him.
I want to rent the place but this joker is not even returning my calls. I really don't know what to do.
Tolga,

That can be frustrating. I'm wondering for how long your calls have been unanswered. Have one, two, three days or more passed? Did you try to text or email the agent?

Unresponsive agents is the number one consumer complaint most years. I am located in California and work with Orange County Real Estate sellers and buyers so I can't speak to parctices in your specicifc are.

If more than 48 hours have passed since your first contact attempt, try calling the agents office and speak with the manager or broker. There may be a compelling reason for the lack of response.

Good luck with you search.