Rentals in Schaumburg>Question Details

Saki, Real Estate Pro in ,

We are relocating to Schaumburg towards end of Jan and want to rent a small house for 3 months. Is such short term with optionof extension available ?

Asked by Saki, , Sat Aug 7, 2010

I agree w/ the majority of posters here in saying that you should try a corporate suite/hotel type situation. My fam had a small kitchen fire & spent a few months in corporate suites such as Homewood. It was VERY easy. There are places that will have breakfast for you everyday (and enough packaged goodies to have snacks throughout the day) & that can be really helpful--especially if you have kids. You will have to ask at the front desk about mail because different places have different policies, but you may be able to collect your mail at the front desk. Otherwise, a post office box is a really easy solution to that. The corporate suites near Plum Grove Rd. & Higgins are really good & there is a post office at Woodfield Dr.--very close! There are other great perks too--such as room cleaning, a pool, etc. :) It's an adventure & can be a lot of fun/low stress because so much is taken care of for you
Most owners prefer a year or more lease due to the costs for carpet cleaning & painting involved. For the short term a corporate suite situation might be better for you as it is sometimes furnished also.
YES! Some homeowners would be willing to rent their property for a short term rental. However, the owner might require a higher rent to cover the extra work and repairs and costs between tenants. I recently rented a property to a renter who offered to pay a few hundred dollars more per month in rent for a short term rental due to a fire at his apartment complex.
I think you will find it easier in the long run to utilize one of the several Corporate housing suites in Schaumburg, like Homewood Suites or Extended Stay America. This would give you more flexibility to decide what to do for a longer term.
Web Reference:
It is very possible for this to happen. I believe that you need to indentify the property you are interested in and then find out if the owner is interested. Most will not advertise this.

I have two blog posts that I have written about renting. They may be helpful to you……

I also can provide an application for you and a credit and background check for you.

If I can be of any help, please do not hesitate to contact me. The link below will allow you to search for rental in schaumburg.

Best Wishes,

John Ziemba
Keller Williams Team Realty