Rentals in Bellevue>Question Details

Aztobv, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

We are relocating to Bellevue area. Are there renters agents that can help find us a nice home in a good school dist? 24-36 month lease?

Asked by Aztobv, Phoenix, AZ Mon Feb 14, 2011

Currently living in Phoenix.
2 short sales recently(had to sell our home and rental house to move cross country)--it ruined our credit.
Price range $2000-$2800/month for 24 to 36 months (will try to purchase again once credit is better)
Great job/employment history
2 small dogs
Rental needs to be in Bellevue or Issaquah school district.
Thanks!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Bellevue

Answers

5
Yes, it's definitely possible to find a home in either the Bellevue School District or Issaquah Schoool District in your price range of $2000-$2800 per month. Even the short sales won't reduce your renting power too much. Most home owners and rental companies are being more flexible on credit score requirements nowadays, especially if you explain that your credit score was reduced due to the short sales.

A couple ways to look for these homes: A significant portion of the rental market is actually listed on the MLS. So one place to look is to do a real estate MLS search for homes listed under $3,000.00. That way most of what comes up will be rentals. Real Estate Agents will be able to take you out to see these homes and they're paid a modest fee from the seller for the service.

Another source will be a Property Rental Company. They have licensed agents as well, and can show you other homes for rent in the Bellevue and Issaquah areas. No, not all of the homes available through a Property Rental Company are advertised on craigslist, like many people think. A lot of these Property Rental Companies have other effective ways to advertise their rentals, and can successfully avoid putting ads on craigslists and dealing with all that spam.

Feel free to contact me if you're looking for assistance with your Bellevue/Issaquah home rental search.

All my best,
Marie Bumback
Hi Aztobv,

Yes there are "rental agents". Basically, a percentage of nice properties are listed for rent with the Northwest MLS in Bellevue and Issaquah. The properties that are "listed" with the Northwest MLS for rent are often nicer and easier to access than weeding through the propeties and trading of voicemials that happens on Craig's list. You will probably need to access several sources to find your lease property.

I personally, have helped a number of clients in your same situation this year and have created a great system for finding available rental properties for my clients.

Finding a "lease to own" property is a little more challenging because there are simply only a few of those available.

Your two small dogs limit your options a little as to how many properties are available to you. Your dogs being small will help in your negotiation with an owner.

Regarding your credt, how much it was damaged depends on several factors, one of which is how the "unpaid differential" was negotiated. The negotiation varies based on whether Arizona is a Deed of Trust state or a Mortgage state. I also know an excellent "credit repair" company and I mention this because most "credit repair companies" aren't as good as we would hope them to be.

Let me know if you'd like me to set up a preliminary search for lease properties and send it to you.

Warm Regards,
Karen
Aztobv,

There are many rental homes available through the local MLS as well. A combination of searches should give you the greatest inventory. Also check out property management websites for properties located in these areas. One large company is Brinks but there are several. Keep in mind that inventory in the rental area shifts quicker then the sluggish home sale market. It is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the areas as much as possible so that when may roles around you will have a list of available to see. Feel free to contact me anytime to help you with questions you may have as they arise.

Chuck Sparks
Aztobv,

This is part of the answer I gave you to your other question.

To look for rentals, I would just go to Craig's list & see what is available. 99% of the rentals in the area are listed there, so this is an easy thing to do. If you need to consult with me about particular houses, I would be happy to help.

The other issue is your credit. I work with a company that restores credit. They can help you remove all negative items from your credit report so that you can buy as soon as your lease here is finished. This is real & I have had 10 of my clients go through this process & buy a home much sooner then they expected to.

Please contact me if you want any help with anything. You will get a lot of offers here for help, so I would recommend you Google all of us & find out what you can & then talk with all of us & decide who can best help you out. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Good luck, whatever you do.
Web Reference: http://www.metromgi.com
Hi Aztobv,

Welcome! At American Classic Homes Real Estate, we have a team focused on helping people find the right rentals! I might not be the one to help you but I can connect you with someone on our team at Renters Marketplace at American Classic Homes that will take great care of you. I read the other agents' answers to your question about rent to own and agree with the common theme. While you can find a 24 month lease option on occasion, right now it's best to find your new "home" with a 1 year lease and make future moves from there. This gives you the option to make an adjustment in case things don't work out for any reason. Please let me know if we can help you with your move! Thank you. -Andy Alberts