Rentals in Boise>Question Details

Diane B, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

We are planning to move in mid-late July. Is it better to secure a rental the last week of June or the 1st week of July?

Asked by Diane B, Phoenix, AZ Sat May 19, 2012

Also, if we pay a deposit will they pro-rate the 1st month's rent to our move in date?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Boise

Answers

6
Hi Diane!

Generally, for a single family home, a rental listing can be held for about 2 weeks from when the property becomes "rent ready". Usually this requires a holding deposit which would be all or a portion of the security deposit. This would hold the property for you, removing it from the rental market fully, guaranteeing the property to you upon approval. What are you looking for? We might have something coming up that might fit your needs. Size, location, etc? Give me a call at 208-639-1717 or visit our website to check out our available & upcoming listings: http://www.capitalgroupco.com. Hope to talk to you soon!
Oops, didn't answer your other question: Yes, your first months rent should be prorated from the date you move in to the end of the month. If you run into a manager that doesn't pro-rate, I would call that a red flag!
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012
Sharon Larracoechea, Agent Boise Idaho

Diane,
The market is changing, but there are still many homes for rent or sale. The sooner you secure a place however, the better.
If you are looking at a short term rental situation of no more than a month or so, I would suggest that you look at some place like the Residence Inn, which provides "apartments" with a home feel but charge on a monthly or daily basis. Residence Inn #208 344-1200 1421 Lusk Ave- near downtown Boise.

If you are looking at a rental situation for several months, I would check with First Rate Property Management, which I work with on a regular basis. They can show you rentals, single family homes or apartments, that will meet your needs until you are ready to purchase, if that is your intention. They often work with families moving to Boise.
First Rate Property Management phone # 208 321-1900.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if I may be of assistance. Sharon Larracoechea 208 891-9067
Diane,

Rentals are tight and homes for sale are tight as well. The Boise Market is rebounding stongly - Expect Real Estate prices to escalate 10%+ this year!

Best recommendation would be to find short term rental if you will have the ability to purchase. If you are unable to purchase sooner due to financial conditions try to get a rental tied up ASAP

If you need help with a short term rental call me, I can help

Dale Alverson
43 Degrees North RE
38 Years Representing Clients Best Interests
208-863-3093 http://www.teamboise.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
Diane,

I suggest getting it arranged ASAP to take effect when you are ready to move in. Fourth of July will have people taking vacations and it will be harder to get timely returned calls, etc.

Beware of online rental scams and double check before sending your deposits and private details (i.e. applications).

You might want to look into options to buy as well since typically properties rent for more than their payments would be at this point in time.

Best of luck!
Jim
Diane,

If you want to rent in late July, I would suggest you secure your property in late June. This would give you the most flexibility with a landlord as well as your own schedule. You may even be able to minimize the deposit amount or negotiate a discount on the first month's rent if you sign a lease in June.

Most Landlords will pro rate that first month's rent from your move-in date.

I hope this helps make your move a little easier! If you'd like some questions answered about purchasing real estate, or need names of some good property management companies, feel free to give me a call or send me a text anytime!

MaryJo Foster, Silvercreek Realty
(208) 830-6464
Diane,
Welcome to Boise! Our rental market is rather tight so I would be looking for a rental as soon as possible. There are management companies that are aware of upcoming vacancies for July
at this time. Most tenants are required to give a 30 day notice so at the first of June, they should certainly have a good idea of what is going to be available in July. I would be on the internet looking up rentals Boise, ID and getting in touch with companies and going on Craigslist to see what is available. I know many people who are finding it difficult to find a rental and you don't want to be scurrying at the last minutes. As for prorating the rent, I would make sure and ask that question right up front.

If you need contact information for some rental agencies, please let me know.
Thanks and good luck!