Rentals in Seattle>Question Details

Gmausland, Renter in Seattle, WA

We are moving to seattle in January. We are looking for house to rent in Wallingford area. We want to be in the McDonald or Stanford distric s.

Asked by Gmausland, Seattle, WA Sun Dec 2, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Seattle

Answers

10
Hello! I am wondering if you have had any luck finding a home in Wallingford? I too am looking to live in the Stanford school district by next year(currently in Issaquah) but I see very little for rent! Any tips?
Have you had any luck with your rental home yet?
It's really tight in these school districts; they are in super high demand - and here's another thing: the people who live in these neighborhoods and don't have kids aren't planning to move any time soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a billboard up atop the QFC one day proclaiming that "Wallingford is for Lifers." Because people simply don't move out of Wallingford . . . not very many, anyway.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Jirius, nice to know there isn't a big gap in my Seattle geography. I have helped with several out of state rental placements in the past few months and that was the first I had heard of them. I live in West Seattle, though, so thought maybe there was something I didn't know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
I agree with most of what has already been written. You will need to be on top of getting a nice place. Also, I have lived in Wallingford & have no idea what those districts are.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
we are talking about the McDonal elementary school Distric And the Stanford International School Distric.
Flag Sun Dec 2, 2012
I live in Ravenna and you'll see on my website that I facilitate rentals.

I have a flyer that I've produced that has a number of rental websites to search. Email me directly and I will share it with you.

I'll assume that you have visited the Seattle School site and have found the area maps. If not let us know and we can guide you to them.

Your immediate challenge in renting is that you are in direct competition with University students in that area. In this rental market you will probably need to be here and be able to visit apartments on the day that they are listed.
Web Reference: http://www.nwhome.us
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
If you haven't done so already, you can find attendance area maps for all Seattle Schools on their website: http://www.seattleschools.org. Click on the tab entitled "schools" and you'll find the school directory page. I have children in the Seattle Public School system, so let me know if you have any other questions about schools. I did a quick search on the MLS and didn't see any homes for rent in that area, but the websites recommended by the previous poster are a good start.

Congratulations on your move to Seattle!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
You may want to link-up with an experienced property manager. Right now the supply of rentals and homes-for-sale is pretty tight. Wallingford is a nice, close-in Seattle neighborhood. However, there are other nice neighborhoods in close proximity to Wallingford, including Maple Leaf, Bryant, Ravenna, Green Lake, Phinney Ridge, and Loyal Heights. Any of these neighborhoods will probably work for you. I'd get started immediately if you hope to find a rental for January. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
You can search all Seattle Rentals:

http://www.searchseattle.net/rentals-seattle.php

And Wallingford Rentals
http://www.searchseattle.net/seattle-wallingford.php

If you see something that looks interesting just check "Go See This Home" and one of our agents will contact you to view home and/or provide details.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
Wallingford is a neighborhood in Seattle, I have not heard of the McDonald or Stanford "districts". Maybe someone else has.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 2, 2012
They're not actually districts, they're individual schools. I think they were referring to looking for a place in those schools' reference areas. I have 3 kids in the Seattle Public School system also (but not Wallingford).
Flag Fri Jan 11, 2013
McDonald elementary school distric or Stanfor International school, these schools offer immersion programs.
Flag Sun Dec 2, 2012